MAF fault

Tsu

Hi All.

A fault scan is throwing up a 17552 - MAF sensor error - open circuit/short to earth.

I've had my A2 since early March (and love it, so much so that her indoors felt the need to discuss it this morning :D), and in terms of how it's running; there's no black smoke, no idle issues, no intermittent power loss. If my MAF was knackered, should at least one of these issues not be appearing? That's what has me stumped.

I've been running an Ultragauge for about a month now which has a gauge which displays the MAF sensor reading, which unsurprisingly hasn't been reading anything, so the MAF definitely is not working.

I've read through any thread I could find relating to MAF issues on the forum, so I know a few of you have had MAF issues, but potentially not the same fault code. I'm not sure whether to replace the sensor, or the whole unit itself? The part no. of the sensor is 0281002355. The part no. of the whole unit according to ETKA is 057 906 461 A, or 057 906 461 AX now as the previous one has been replaced (again, according to ETKA 2012).

I need to update my signature, but I'm driving a '01 1.4TDI, AMF engine.

Your help would be really appreciated as I'm going round in circles with this issue. Thanks.

Mine did this until I discovered that the previous owner had installed it the wrong way round.

J

Back