Magnets

badlyread

A2OC Donor
Hi All

I'm pretty happy with my mpg (60+) but if I can do better...

Has anybody used one of these before?

All comments welcome.

Thanks

Neil

LOLZ!

really, honestly, if it made *that* much difference, do you really think it would be that cheap?

Change your tyres to 155s. Block the rear bumper. Add the underbody spoiler. They'll give you far more effect.

Bret

If it is too good to be true, it usually is!

If a simple cheap pair of magnet can suddenly give 10% improvement, you would think the manufacturers would have it standard by now!

As far as I can tell, it is a scam.

The latest in a long line of Snakeoil miracle products. Don't waste your money.
If you want to improve your economy, a few simple steps will make more difference and cost you nothing:

1. drive a bit slower
2. make sure your tyres are properly inflated
3. remove any unnecessary clutter/luggage/junk from the car
4. Don't use the car for short-ish, mostly stop-start town journies as these are the worst - consider walking/bike/bus instead!
5. keep your windows closed when driving
6. switch off the engine when stationary

etc.

Well i thinks its hard to say as we aren't talking about 20% fuel economy but very small percentages. I can't honestly say yes without running it in perfect conditons before and after, which i haven't.
Regarding stability? Anything that improves air flow in an area which is left behind in terms of drag is always a good idea. The other point to make is that Audi wouldn't have fitted them to the most eco model for fun, it would have only been to make a difference inconjunction with the other mods they made to the 1.2 model. So in that area i think its worth fitting them, stability is probably better (if its possible to measure inaccurately from behind a steering wheel).

I know this sounds very vague, but i wouldn't make big claims, just that I understand the concept behind why Audi improved airflow under the car of the 1.2 and believe "over all" it can only help other A2's without the smoother underside fins and covers.

The undertray spoiler is good for a few %. But drop your car down 1 inch plus the undertray spoiler and you will safe fuel.

As erstens says it should help, I think he listed the part numbers in the other post perfectly so as long as you have these the dealer should have no trouble getting them from Germany in a few days.

£48.21 in vat
2xwheel arch spoilers
1x Thin spoiler
screws
Trim panel for exhaust bay etc.

As always it may have gone up by now...

back on the subject of magnets! how can they infuence fuel that does contain no metal, it it did contain metal it would (a) wear out your fuel pump (b) wear out the injectors rather quickly
When you miss fuel with petrol rather than diesel one of the problems is metalic particles in the return fuel (aluminium ans steel) which is how dealerships can detect whether a miss fuel has occurred when claiming waranty work for engines.
won't work for petrol neither as that contains aluninium which if my first form phisics serves me right ain't magnetic being a non ferrous material!
Mike

Back