marigold

M

marigold

I have an Audi A2 which is 9 years old. I have had an intermittent fault with the central locking for some time now. The car now needs an MOT & taxing. When I took it to my local garage they could not do the MOT because they could not access the boot. The trouble started with the alarm going off at odd times then not able to get into the back doors, boot & petrol cap. Also when left the battery seems to flatten. We have replaced the battery in the key fobs & the car battery. The garage thinks it may be due to the central convenience unit needing replacing but they cannot be sure & it will cost over £300 which we are loathe to spend. I am able to get into the car using the key. Can anyone please offer any advice.

Hi Marigold, welcome to the A2oc
The problem does sound like a faulty CCU. If you can manage to live without the car for a short time, one of our colleagues from the German A2oc can repair the module quite cheaply. Consider having a diagnostic scan to check for other problems before going ahead. http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13675
For the MOT, use the manual boot release which is located at the base of the tailgate window (quite well hidden) Once the tailgate is open there is also a manual release for the fuel filler (If you have an owners handbook, there are more details in there)

Let us know how you get on

Cheers Spike

Back