maximum length

Can anyone tell me the maximum length of a piece of tube I can fit inside the A2

I need to collect an exhaust pipe which is 10ft long (for another car) and can't make up my mind whether I think it should fit....from passenger footwell to back of the boot hatch. I don't really want to be driving a long way wih it sticking out of the back !!!

Colin

Bearing in mind the car all in is 12.7ft or so long it seems doubtful that 10ft would fit in the car.
The diagonal placement would not help all that much I would guess.
I would guess around 6-7ft would be the absolute maximum you could fit in.

I was thinking of trying my skis in the car but never got round to it... They are 210cm and I felt they would be tight.
I guess I'll try it soon as it seems that it may work!

Hi All.
I am away from my A2 and need to know if I can fit something 193cm inside behind the front seats.
Anyone help?
Many thanks...
:)

Mine's in 'van mode' at the moment so easy to check for you.

Sad to say, with the passenger seat all the way forward there's only just 180cm diagonally from the driver's rear corner to the door side of the front passenger seat back. It would have to be a narrow item to fit, at that.

If you are able to recline the front seat all the way back in its most forward position, you'd get some more room even if you still have the false floor and rear seats (folded) in the car. There's just about 2.4m length along the passenger side for something that can rest on top of the dashboard, and 2.1m for something that can't. It's just a question of how well it would sit on the seats.

Hope that helps 👍

There's just about 2.4m length along the passenger side for something that can rest on top of the dashboard, and 2.1m for something that can't. It's just a question of how well it would sit on the seats.
Just take care. Not an A2, but I once had a long piece of wood from the top of the dash (against the screen) to the boot. Went over a bump and the screen cracked! Also the A2 dash soft touch surface can get damaged unless protected.

It is surprising what fits into the A2.

When you consider that the maximum length object that our current-shape 7 seat Touran - a vehicle 70cm longer - can accommodate onto the dashboard is 2.7m, 2.4m length in the A2 is nothing short of amazing.

Back