Meeting up en-route to Castle Combe

Rob Earl

Past Member
I thought I'd start this new thread so people can arrange to meet up on the way & make the drive there more interesting.

I know I'd prefer to have another A2 in convoy with me - just for the look on other drivers faces...

I'll be leaving home approx 6am and going M20/M26/M25/M4. Anyone else going to be in this neck of the woods??

I'll be hitting the M4 from J13 around 07.30. I'm fairly close but not having been up that way before, and I'm prone to becoming lost on back roads (sat nav one day!), I'm giving myself an hour!

I expect the M4 westbound will be quite busy with Audis on Sat morning! :)

We should be leaving Tun Wells about 6am, so joining the M25 from the A21 at about 6.20. Crystal Blue with personal plate.

I Will be getting on the M4 jCT 16 At around 7:50AM
hopefully get to Combe and beet the rush ........
Hope to join the A2 que along the M4 somewhere LOL !!!!

Castle Combe

I guess someone will be posting directions to the meeting place on Saturday, we will be travelling down M5 from Shropshire, hoping to meet up for 8.30am.
Its our first visit so looking forward to meeting A2OC members,

Peter & Gill :)

Rob Earl said:
I thought I'd start this new thread so people can arrange to meet up on the way & make the drive there more interesting.

I know I'd prefer to have another A2 in convoy with me - just for the look on other drivers faces...

I'll be leaving home approx 6am and going M20/M26/M25/M4. Anyone else going to be in this neck of the woods??

Hi Rob, I'll be coming from Orpington, how about we meet up at Clackett Services (petrol forecourt) at 6.30am? - this could be an ideal meeting point for anybody else who'd like to travel down together.

Phil

toby1 said:
I'll be hitting the M4 from J13 around 07.30. I'm fairly close but not having been up that way before, and I'm prone to becoming lost on back roads (sat nav one day!), I'm giving myself an hour!

I expect the M4 westbound will be quite busy with Audis on Sat morning! :)

I too will be at M4/A34 Junction approx. 7 - 7.15 to allow enough time along the M4 and then onto CC to meet everyone at the car park.

widdy said:
I too will be at M4/A34 Junction approx. 7 - 7.15 to allow enough time along the M4 and then onto CC to meet everyone at the car park.

Hi its robin i too will try to get to M4/A34 jnc for about the same time if not you will see you at cc car park.

Something urgent has cropped up which means I am really sorry to have to pull out of going on Saturday:eek: I was really looking forward to meeting up with other owners of our great little cars, and discussing mods etc.

Ho hum - such is life. I hope you all have a good time, and I look forward to reading the reports.

Phil

I'm leaving home from central london at about 6. Then I'll go from the begining of M4. Should hit the M25 junction at about 6:30. Cobalt blue with thin yellow stripes on the side. I might see you at around that time Rob!

Back