Microphone placement for car kit

john352

Hi folks,

I've just bought a replacement stereo which has a microphone and bluetooth to make it handsfree with my phone.

Can any one recommend places to fit the microphone and route the cable back to the stereo?

Cheers for now,

John

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hi, When I had my Parrot hand free fitted , the microphone went at the top of the A pillar trim and it worked fine from there.

Couldn't comment on wiring though, due to someone else doing fitting.

Cheers for that, is that the pillar at the front of the door frame?

John

Hi folks,

I've just bought a replacement stereo which has a microphone and bluetooth to make it handsfree with my phone.

Can any one recommend places to fit the microphone and route the cable back to the stereo?

Cheers for now,

John

Hi,

if you have enough cable on the microphone lead you could consider the OEM position in the light switch by the rear view mirror. The small rectangular array of holes in this panel is for a hands free microphone and it positions it in the centre of the car so works well for driver and passenger.

See my install:

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthrea...-with-Bluetooth-and-handsfree-calling-install

regards

Andrew

Cheers Andrew.

I'll have a look at the link later - had a quick peek where I think you're talking about and it looks like there may be a microphone already there....

Will post a pic or two later.

Back