Milltek Exhaust for 52' 1.4 petrol

lma2

Hello friendly A2OC people!

I just had my A2 serviced by audi, and they wanted £700+ for a replacement front pipe.

Looking for alternatives such as a Milltek setup, but their website doesn't seem to have any stock.

Anyone know where is likely to have one in the North West (cheshire/manchester/oldham)?

Or any alternatives?

Thanks!

Hiya,

I got the last Milltek A2 exhaust in the country (albeit for a diesel) - they are no longer made I'm afraid,

Most of the expense associated with the front pipe will be the various catalysts and other add-ons that petrol models must have.

Fortunately, there is no need for any such complications on diesels and even though I no longer have the Milltek, the replacement, which was custom made from 2.5" stainless steel cost only £300 all in!

If the catalysts are in good condition, then I can really recommend Pipewerx in Burscough (google them for details) as they'll merely fabricate a new pipe around the existing cats. If there is a need for a replacement cat, then it may work out cheaper to have the Audi part and install it at a local garage.

I am not far from you, in Saddleworth, so if you want to drop by for a chat, just give me a shout.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks for your reply Mike, we have met at 100mph+ on the M60 in the past :)

I am up in Mossley quite often, so a chat would be great (if only to have a look at the work on your A2 :) )

My poor A2 was involved in a front-end collision that nearly wrote it off .. after 4k worth of repairs it is back on the road with some minor problems.

The frontpipe is just making a blowing noise and the Mpg has dropped a bit. The Audi mechanic didn't seem to think it was urgent however.

How about I PM you my info and we can arrange a cup-of-tea

That'll be closing speeds I trust?!

Yes, I'll get back to you and a cuppa and a chat sounds like a good waste of an hour or so to me!

Cheers,

Mike

Back