Milltek Exhaust

Skipton01

Admin Team
Well, I've just had a phone call from to tell me that my long-awaited Milltek exhaust will be with me early next week (the good news).

Now the bad news - Milltek have stopped making them and won't be making any more for the A2 and so I will have the last one ever to be produced!

So, it doesn't matter as to how I report back on my findings - even if you wanted one, they'll be unavailable - which is sad. I hope this doesn't reflect in the way other manufacturers support our cars.

Cheers,

Mike

Do you have any picies of them (of how they look fitted to an A2)

is this a dual exhaust??

No photos yet, and they're not dual outputs, but it is a full-lifetime warranted stainless system with 8-10% power gains, which should take things up to around the 130bhp mark.

Can't wait to get it on Tank!

Cheers,

Mike

Hmmm don't believe the power increase bit, I've got a full (ie cat replacement right back to rear box) Miltek on my 200bhp M3 and it made no discernible difference to power, certainly not 10%, I'm pretty sure I'd notice that, just sounds like a child blowing raspberries, albeit a child with a deep voice. They look well made, although the centre box on mine has got a slight blow and rattle after 2 years and there are a few M3 owners who have problems with splitting silencers and rear box hangers shearing off. They do seem to be quite good with their warranty work though. I bought one as a full system was £450 as opposed to £1200 for a BMW one. Good luck.

I've not heard a Milltek A2 system, but other Millteks do tend to sound slightly 'fruitier'!

Tank was re-mapped by CCCTech in Sheffield.

Cheers,

Mike

I am looking for a dual exhaust, all my cars have dual exhaust, so this one needs them too :D

Alan, that dual pipe is the one I was referring to in my PM.

Only downsides I can see are that you may have to modify the rear valance and the drivers side pipe will almost certainly bang on the car as there are no supporting brackets on it, unlike the nearside.

Cheers,

Mike

Slugger said:
Hi

Havank, this you might find interesting, haven't tried it myself. but it looks nice..

http://www.bn-pipes.de/joomla/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.view_images&product_id=50&image_id=2&Itemid=56
That does look very nice, the tips match those used on Audi S-Line models.

Audi%20A2-Heck-web.jpg

9a06640ed62fc7cf4ebf37f92316f940.jpg

Would go nicely with the bodykit :rolleyes:

Havank said:
That is not bad, but 550 euronen is not nothing, I have bought cheaper dual exhaust

but it looks good:D

I presume it's stainless steel, so if we are looking at extra life then it may be bearable. Does anyone know the expect life of a SS backend system? Are there any parts not SS?

Alan_uk said:
I presume it's stainless steel, so if we are looking at extra life then it may be bearable. Does anyone know the expect life of a SS backend system? Are there any parts not SS?

Yes, it is a unit completely made of stainless steel. The welded on exhaust trims of course are high quality chromed. Life span should be (much) longer than the average A2 owner will keep his A2. In case of damages stainless easily can be fixed by welding.

However the stock Audi exhaust is VERY durable!

Hi Schnelletrecker
Schnelletrecker said:
..... Life span should be (much) longer than the average A2 owner will keep his A2. ....However the stock Audi exhaust is VERY durable!

I kept my last vehicle for 13 years from new until it went to the scrap yard. I intend to keep my A2 much longer, so I'm looking at least another 11 years to reach par. Yes, I appreciate that parts may be an issue and that a small/medium shunt may result in a write-off, but let's be optimistic <g>

So, any guesses as to the no. of years for a "VERY durable stock Audi exhaust" vs a SS one?

Alan_uk said:
So, any guesses as to the no. of years for a "VERY durable stock Audi exhaust" vs a SS one?

Well I think considering todays “normal“ European weather conditions, i.e. rather rainy than snowy winters, I am convinced that the Audi stock muffler will last for at least 10 years before the first serious rust pitting will show up.

Most stainless steel alloys do oxidise too, but this is a very long-lasting process. Just take a look at 30 years old kitchen’s stainless washbasins or grandma’s old stainless cutleries...

So changing to the BN-PIPES exhaust system "can" be considered if you intend to keep your A2 for the next 40 years ;) or if your car comes with a petrol engine (much better sound, plus no problems with a persistant sooty back).

BTW aluminium does rust too (alumina).

So how does this exhaust compare to the Projektzwo one??

Both are duel pipe, ok one is round, and the other slightly oval,:rolleyes:

Which one is the better one for the 1.4tdI

Havank said:
So how does this exhaust compare to the Projektzwo one??

Both are duel pipe, ok one is round, and the other slightly oval,:rolleyes:

Which one is the better one for the 1.4tdI

Well, BN-Pipes are well known for one of the best sources when it comes to stainless aftermarket exhaust systems. They also make many special custom jobs.

The A2 ProjektZwo-exhaust features a faked dexter pipe end! This is no real dual exhaust system. :rolleyes:

Regarding "which is the better one", what do you mean with better?
It will be hard to achieve a better workmanship than Milltek or BN-Pipes for instance. As for sound improvement, it appears to be impossible to achieve a satisfying sporty sound out of our small Diesel engines :(

For my chipped Diesel, I personally would prefer the Milltek, mainly because of its downward bent pipe end...

Back