Milton Keynes meet - Wed 6th June

shao_khan

Past Member
I organise a bi-monthly meet in MK on Tyresmoke, the next meet is as follows, in case anyone fancies a quick trip out.

Wednesday 6th June in Caldecotte Arms, usually 1930 - 2000hrs in the rear of the main car park (Turn left as you pull in and then right along the back of the car park) - look out for a group of suspicious looking individuals eyeing up various cars.

Venue

The Caldecotte Arms
Bletcham Way
Caldecotte
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
MK7 8HP
01908 366188

858537-Caldecotte.jpg

Hi shao_khan

I might be able to make this meeting - will see what I can do.

I have a feeling that I will be down on a few bhp compared with some of the motors that may turn out though; especially in light of your newly purchased S3 - a lovely car. I assume you will be favouring taking that as opposed to the A2?! ;)

As a matter of interest,what is the usual turn out in numbers and what types of cars are usually present?

Cheers,

Darren

The meet went bi-monthly when number started to dwindle last year - sept/oct time.

Initially we had around 30 cars and anything in attendence - Lupo SDis through the Vw range to R32s and Touareg V10s, Audi A2s thro RS6+ and S8s then anything goes Toby drives a 2.7l bi-turbo Caddy or worse.

Summer meets tend to have better attendence so between 10 and 20 cars I'd guess.

I'll be in the S3 because I am sleeping in it at the moment. My normal choice would be the A2 because I love the car, the new kid on the block has a lot to live upto!!!

The importance of Tyresmoke is that BHP is irrelevent, if you love cars then youre in good company. Shed loads of guys on tsn also read here because they run A2s also.

2.7l bi-turbo Caddy? ...... I'd like to see photos of that!

We are currently building a Bi-turbo 4.2l Caddy van (Audi V8, obviously!) Chassis and suspension are done- We are stuck for the moment waiting for the adaptor plate to come back for the gearbox, so we can mount the motor into the chassis.

ScotAlan

I know he has had some issues with transmission - slipping clutch limited him to 12 s 1/4 at santa pod, and then last outing 13.1 and broken flywheel.

shao_khan said:
If you can get down Darren I'll be there around 8ish.

Sorry - I couldn't make it in the end!! :(

Really hope that it was a good meet and you got to show off that nice S3 of yours.

Please either post or PM me with the next one and I will do everything poss to attend!!

Cheers,

Darren

We had quite a nice turn out, including someone looking to buy an A2!!!!! Unfortunately I didnt take mine, but pointed him in this direction anyway.

Wednesday 1st august

There is another in the same location tomorrow night if you can make it along.

Forecast looks pretty good.

There is another in the same location tomorrow night if you can make it along.

Forecast looks pretty good.

Apologies Shao_khan, I have been away from the site for about five weeks and have just logged in tonight for the first time. (Currently working my way through 1703 new posts... :eek:).

Hope the 1st was a good turn out; when is the next one and I will diary it?

Cheers,

Darren

Back