Mirrors

esson

Hello again everyone, I have purchased my Audi A2 2 days ago, I just wanted to ask if the mirrors close, because they seem to be a little stiff, I didn't want to insist, afraid I was going to break something.. So.. Do they retract/close?

Thanks, cheers!

try again

Hello again everyone, I have purchased my Audi A2 2 days ago, I just wanted to ask if the mirrors close, because they seem to be a little stiff, I didn't want to insist, afraid I was going to break something.. So.. Do they retract/close?

Thanks, cheers!

Hey there

Yes the mirrors retract/close! By the way which direction are you pushing hope it's not away for the window:p

Cheers,

A2sport

They close either way actually, but aluminium corrosion usually furs up the swivel joint, making it quite hard as you've found out.

Cheers,

Mike

Re

So I gotta push the mirror towards the front of the car, am I getting this right? Don't wanna have a detachable mirror :p
Thanks guys.

From what Mike says you can fold the mirrors either way.

Personally I have never tried to push the mirror housing toward the front of the car - I always fold them toward the rear and do so on a daily basis.

The technique is to lift the housing "very slightly" whilst swivelling the base.

Hope this helps.

Darren

Last edited:
Back