Miss Marple, Poirot and maybe Angela Landsbury -like people I've found a label secreted in my A2!

3wheeler

Its exciting and something I have built a story around in my head. While cleaning my headlining with Acetone outside today, I found a rolled up piece of foil hidden in a crease just inside the overhead console hole at the front. Being an inquisitive sort I decided to take a closer look, and tried to unroll it. However, it is old, and stuck with a little of the adhesive residue from the headlining. So not an afterthought. I did get some bits off with a code, 'Platinum' and 'Control' printed on it in VAG font. Soooo, I thought what is this? I can only think that this was an incorrectly completed label, rolled up in German perfection and hidden out of sight on the production line. What else could it be? Is this a reject headliner (there are some imperfections beneath the fabric) that was rejected but a line worker has reversed that? The excitement builds! This is all I could get- it wouldn't steam or soak, so is in the bin. Even CSI Miami couldn't help.
I have attached a photo of the bits that came off as evidence in the proceedings. Lets hear your speculations!

Attachments

• 20230615_184847.jpg
    20230615_184847.jpg
    849.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230615_185942.jpg
    20230615_185942.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
What you're looking at is the original factory label for the headlining, stating that it's Light Platinum (Platin-heller). As opposed to the Twist one, which is much rarer since only the Twist colour scheme ever used it. Where the few have survived, you see these labels every now and then around interior trim items.

Thanks, that makes sense. Not quite the exciting answer I had hoped for, but totally logical! I guess my inner Angela Lansbury will have to go back in her box.
What you're looking at is the original factory label for the headlining, stating that it's Light Platinum (Platin-heller). As opposed to the Twist one, which is much rarer since only the Twist colour scheme ever used it. Where the few have survived, you see these labels every now and then around interior trim items

Back