mods4cars RemoteKEY Comfort Control for Audi A2

Cool - so when you tap unlock 2x does it open the windows AND the sunroof. And can it be programmed to just open the sunroof?

Simon.

Detailed function description (* = Factory setting)
Function 1 - Main Switch - Workshop and Diagnostics ( 0=OFF / *1=ON / 2=NO HAZARDS )
The module can quickly and easily be enabled and disabled using this function. It acts like a master switch. When disabled, the module becomes completely inactive and behaves as if it was not installed.
Setting 0 disables the entire module while keeping all other function settings intact. This allows turning the module off and back on without the need to reconfigure all of the other user configurable settings.
Setting 2 disables blinking of the hazards during remote operation.

IMPORTANT: In order to avoid problems with diagnostic tools and to avoid confusion or injury by unexpected behavior, we urge you to ALWAYS DISABLE the module before taking the car to a shop or lending it to a third person! If problems arise while the module is installed, ALWAYS contact Mods4Cars first at www.mods4cars.com. NEVER take the car to a dealer without getting support first!

Function 2 - Automatic door locks ( *0=OFF / 1=CLOSE / 2=CLOSE&OPEN 1 / 3=CLOSE&OPEN 2 )
This function has three settings and will either lock all doors once the car starts moving (setting 1) or also unlock the doors when the key is removed from the ignition lock (setting 2). It can also be set to already unlock the doors in the moment the ignition is turned off (setting 3).

Function 3 - Remote windows operation ( 0=OFF / *1=ON / 2=AUTO1 / 3=AUTO2 )
This function allows window and sunroof operation with the original remote using the RF signal. This allows for a much greater convenience than the factory function via key in the door lock.
Tap UNLOCK on the remote 2x (in 1 sec intervals) to open all windows.
Tap LOCK on the remote 2x (in 1 sec intervals) to close all windows.
Tap LOCK on the remote 3x (in 1 sec intervals) to close windows and sunroof.
Tapping any button will interrupt the current operation immediately.
Setting 2 enables AUTO-CLOSE for all windows: Every time the car is locked by remote, all windows and sunroof close automatically.
Setting 3 enables AUTO-CLOSE for windows and sunroof: Every time the car is locked by remote, all windows and sunroof close automatically.

WARNING: USE THIS FUNCTION AND PARTICULARLY SETTINGS 2 and 3 WITH EXTRA CAUTION! MAKE SURE THAT EVERYTHING IS CLEAR BEFORE LOCKING THE VEHICLE! NEVER LEAVE THIS FUNCTION ENABLED WHEN GIVING THE KEY TO SOMEONE ELSE! WE CAN UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCES OF USING THIS (OR ANY OTHER) FEATURE OF THIS MODULE!

Function 4 - Gas cap remote ( 0=OFF / *1=ON )
This function enables remote gas cap unlocking. When enabled and the car is unlocked, a quick double-tap on the trunk button on the remote will pop open the gas tank lid.

Function 5 - All-Windows comfort operation ( 0=OFF / *1=ON / 2=DELAY )
This function enables a comfort open/close mode for all windows using the driver's window switch. Hold the window switch in the one-touch position (up or down) for more than 2 sec. to raise or lower all 4 windows. If settting 2 is active, this function stays active for about 1 min. after the ignition was turned off and allows raising/lowering all windows (via driver's window switch) even after a door was opened.

I have had this fitted for nearly a year now and it will close the sunroof but it does not open it.

I like the functions, the most useful of which is the remote opening of the fuel flap and the fully open(Windows only) with two clicks and the fully closed (with three clicks if you want the sunroof to close too)

Mine (somehow) closes everything when I lock the car with just one click.

A nice little box of tricks and easily programmable.

Steve B

Thanks Steve for confirming that it does not open the sunroof which is a bit of a shame - I wonder why not?

Simon.

Thanks Steve for confirming that it does not open the sunroof which is a bit of a shame - I wonder why not?

Simon.

Hi Simon,

There are are a few possible reasons, but I still think that they could have made it work

Reason 1 - the sunroof requires two presses of the sunroof switch, press one just tilts up the back, press two then opens it fully (as we all know). Perhaps they thought it is not worth having a remote opening just to tilt the back up ( to program the two separate clicks is more tricky than just one I guess)

Reason 2 - might be becauses if you have the roof bars on they prevent the roof opening and so it could cause damage.

Reason 3 - since the OSS is a bit "fragile" they didn't want claims against them when it becomes "Broken sky"

reason 4 - it all works by "fooling" the CCCU. So can only manage to do things that the CCCU can do. Perhaps it is not something that the CCU has coded into it?

These are all guesses of course.

The options I like.
Opening and closing the Windows can be done via your remote as standard, but you have to hold the lock / unlock down all the time. This just needs two presses of the unlock / lock, so is easier.

I really like that I can just press lock and the car locks and the Windows's and sunroof close automatically.

I like the remote fuel flap operation, I always forget to press the fuel flap release button before I close the door and now I just press the tailgate button twice and it opens. This is also a nice option if your fuel flap switch has broken.

The one-touch open and close of all windows from the driver's door window switch is useful.

The auto lock when you drive off is useful too but could be enabled with VCDS anyway.

It can be programmed either by connecting it to your PC or even by using a sequence of button presses on the interior lock button on the driver's door.

So all in all an interesting gadget, but not cheap.

One thing I don't like is that it uses two "scotch guard" connectors to connect to the wires on the CCCU.
It is really easy to fit and remove, but I don't like scotch guards at all.

Steve B

Last edited:
Thanks again Steve and I'm with you on the Scotchlocks - hateful things!

Everything you say makes sense and it's interesting that the CCU can close the sunroof with this gadget but not without.

Simon.

Also, in my mind it is more dangerous to close the OSS remotely than it is to open it. (Kids popping their heads out of the roof and all that.

Miso I was sure it would open it, but no.

Steve B

The sliding sunroof control unit receives the following information from the CCCU:
1. Convenience locking
The roof can be closed completely by activating the convenience locking function on the lock cylinder​
2. Run-on enable
After turning off the ignition with the doors closed, a run-ontime of 10 minutes is activated; the roof can be opened or closed within this period by pressing the button

Back