Monroe Reflex - Sport Ride Height

Philip

Finally got around to having Monroe Reflex shocks (E4998 and E1309) fitted to my FSI Sport, along with new top mounts, drop links, ARB bushes etc. The original Sport springs were in excellent condition, and the Monroes apparently looked shorter extended than the standard shocks. The ride is considerably better (but still firm), however the car is sitting noticeably higher than before, after doing about 250 miles.

Anyone else noticed a change in ride height after fitting? Did it settle?

I fitted KYB springs and shocks apparently to the correct spec and the height is quite high, but the car has only done a couple of hundred miles since. Not sure if it will sit down eventually. I put it down to the fact that the rubber spring seats had disintegrated, so the added height of the new rubber has raised the ride height.

Interesting. I have ordered new Bilstein b4's (x4) to do a suspension refresh on my 05 TDI. I was toying with a 25mm drop with new springs though haven't decided yet though I'd prefer not to lift it with the existing springs and new rubber.
Any recommendations for 25ish mm drop with comfort in mind(seems unlikely that our roads are going to improve anytime soon).

The only thing I can think is that the spring mounts are at a slightly different height on the front struts - back seems slightly higher too, so perhaps it needs more use to settle.

Back