Chat MOT - another reason I like A2s so much

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
After owning many cars over 44 years one thing still amazes me with these great little A2s and that is how few of my A2s have ever failed an MOT !!!

I have had a few "Well worn" ones too ad they have all sailed through. Out of 15 A2 MOT tests not one has failed

There was one advisory though, the rear shock absorber dust covers are flagged as "loose". I think I would be more amazed if they WEREN'T loose.
They are probably the worst designed part on the A2. I have used OEM replacements and many other options and within a few weeks they all come away from the "foam" bump stop.

This is the view from my window earlier. Three A2s all lined up
three A2s.JPG
Left to right
Our Daughter's that has just passed the MOT (A low mileage car with FASH and DIS we bought a few weeks ago for £3,200)
My wife's A2 which is now white (was red) very high spec including BOSE, Heated leather, rear cup-holders, Double DIN, Auto rear view etc. Bought 6 months ago for £3,800, a bargain in my view)
My PROJECT nuff said!

Steve B

Last edited:
Need to make a few miss to the blue one I think. looks boring next to the other two :)

Ha ha that did make me laugh thank you, I needed that just been stuck in traffic on the M25 for five hours :)

I concur Steve.

Previously the wife's Honda was the MOT benchmark/Queen/passer. This year it failed (with handbrake inefficiency) and the A2 sailed through!!!! Two MOT's and ~26k later, (104k total) it's solid. Like a lightweight, small, aluminium tank.

Even better are the costs, the Honda's MOT (£45), brake discs and pads (£53+£30 fitting through a mate) and tax came to £250. That's hardly expensive, and the Jazz is an amazing car in its own right, running costs included. However, the A2's MOT (£45) and tax (£30), total cost £75 makes the Honda look like an expensive vehicle. And, it's 8 years old now, and it will be rusting soon...

HI,

Yes, I think the Daughter would be up for a few mods, but only if I pay.

So it will be staying standard!!! ;)

Steve B

Having said that if anyone hears of any Blue Leather seats going please let me know.
She has the door cards with the blue highlights but the seats are blue fabric and the blue leather would look great (if she can afford them).

Steve B

The bonnet vents were painted. The black Audi rings on the engine flap was bought from eBay.

Steve B

Back