Mount "1.4 16V AFK-77kw" engine in an A2

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xmagu

Hi all, I hope you can help me out.

I'm planning to get a used 1.4 16V AFK-77kw engine from a old Lupo or Polo at the junk yard and install it in my A2 which currently have the 1.4 16V AUA-55kw stock engine. And my question is:

Have anyone done this before? and do you think it possible to do without to much work?

And what are the difference between the engines seen from a installing point of view?

Any help are really appriciated

Mako, Sweden

Hi Mako,

Nice and interesting plan, but I doubt that this forum, as busy as it is, has the technical knowledge to give you a useful answer.
These kinds of engine swaps are something I'm more used to finding on forums for cars like vintage Renaults or Hondas ;)

I don't know if you speak/write German or not, but if you do you would probably get some better anwsers if you post your question on http://www.audi-a2club.de/
Lots of experience with 'technical stuff' there. Although I do not recall ever seeing an engine swap...

Finally, my personal idea: do you have any idea if the gearbox will match up? Seems to me that the gearbox is one of the things that Polos and A2s do not share...

Good luck,

Edo

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, TomTom3 PDA Satnav, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

Thanks swiv for the input.

Yep, you got me swiv... I'm a previous Civic Type-R owner, so I like to modify the car [:I]And to Hondas you can do everything, but you can't do much on the A2 1.4 16V.
So I figured why not try something that not many people have done and maybe are not so complicated as it may seem.

Since the Lupo also share the AUA engine with the A2 I can't belive they have made the AFK engine alot more diffrent.

One thing to find is if the Lupo AUA and AFK shared the same gearbox? If they do theres a good chance that the A2 gearbox match with the AFK engine.

If anyone has a link or a manual over these engines I'd more then gladly take a look in it :)

Any info on the engines will help

Ps. swiv I have also posted in the German forum.

Br Mako

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back