MP3 CD Changer

Status
Not open for further replies.

humps

A2OC Donor
I'm not one of those MP3 crazy person (I only have a sony MP3 discman and no iPod), I like my CDs. However, the factory fit panasonic 6CD changer with A2 isn't as good as I want, it doesn't read CDRW and sometimes not so good with CDRs. I never leave my original CDs in car and always copy them. I also want something that'll play mp3s so I get much more songs per CD. I found this item and wonder if any has used it and does it really work? http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=MADS003

I don't want any new head unit other than an audi or one that completely matches the design of the original car's center console. The sony changer sounds like exactly what I want! But does it really work with the concert readio head unit? Is there anything else?

thanks!

humps
1.4SE Cobalt Blue, Bose and leather

I use a similar MP3 unit, though it is not through the Audi interface. What I can say is that John at Incarexpress is a top guy and the company have a solid reputation, so give them a try, their customer service has been top class in the past [haven't done business with them recently].

Sony products usually do what they say on the box and if it has an interface to hook up to the Audi unit, there is sure chance that is precisely what it will do,, after all, companies like Sony what the extra market..

On a footnote, that unit will slide into the glove box just right, all nice and tight with no real need to screw it into place,, you will need to make room for the cable to pass through at the back though..

I bought mine from MCS http://www.mcs-direct.co.uk/acatalog/MP3_CD_Changer_AUDI.html and have had them fitted to both our A2 and TT (replacing an existing changer each time).

In our A2 with the changer in the boot you have to fit it upside down so that you can get the cartridge out without partially removing the parcel shelf. Still works fine - though I've not tried a MP3 CD with > 99 tracks, as this may confuse the head unit.

The converter in the kit comes from Connects2 (www.connects2.com) and just plugs in the back of the head unit. You then plug the standrad Sony cable into this.

Dave

1.6SE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back