Mpg

Jayc530

I'm sure this thread has been done before but what MPG are you getting for motorway journeys. I'm currently on about 39mgp for a 1.4SE petrol, sound about right?

mpg motorways.

Hello again jayc530, I have a 2001 1.4 petrol which on average motorway journeys returns between 46 To 52 mpg but you do have to go easy with your right foot ,anything above 3000 rpm and it starts to drop rapidly :A2s could do with a 6th gear (I wish),thanks Alan.

My 1.4 tdi SE has averaged 65mpg since I bought it last October (10,000 miles) Best has been just over 76 mpg on a full tank.

I have never got more than 56mpg from my 1.4Tdi SE, but then I have a lead weight welded to my right foot ;). (Even more so since I got "stealthified")

Notts to Middlesborough

The better half averaged 97 MPG and 54MPH yesterday travellling through A1M road works and on B roads.

Not bad with full load on board!

I have seen 103MPG on rush hour 28 mile commute.

wow

103mpg wow !

I can get about 70mpg so am more than happy with that !

According to my topup. I get about 62MPG.

Miles covered 350, 93.9p per litre, fuel used 23L

Last edited:
I once got a rather spooky 66.6mpg on a run from Dublin to Wexford and back. About 180 miles all in. The majority of the road was single carriageway so average speed was around the 55 mark.

The main use for the car is on the motorway up to Belfast and back and I'd say we average around 55mpg.

managed to get 69mpg out of mine last week from a one tank of diesel. can't ask for much more than that!

Back