mpg

churchill

Hi all, just wondering what the opinoin is to 30 mpg town driving.
Ive been getting 120 miles to £20 of unleaded, which works out roughly
4 gallons. 1.4 sport not driven hard but lots of stop start, Had the car 3
weeks now and have no complaints at all.

to compare, my 1.4se just covered 300 miles on 37 pounds of petrol. my bad maths makes that 40 ish mpg around town, no motorway use. i clocked it at around 50mpg recently following a 220 mile motorway route.

cheers Andyboy, that sounds good, I read so many reports about the outstanding fuel performance of the A2 (Diesel even better) which is why i got one. But up to now im not too impressed with the mpg. But fantastic drive so Hey Ho.

37.4 FSi

Hi just measured our FSi across the last 285 miles of mostly town / Blackpool prom work with relatively heavy right foot (love to show up the Saxo boys) and we are returning 37.4 using V Power unleaded, we are very happy with this (better than my 4x4 mid sized SUV (2.2 TD) used mainly on motorways)

There are many posts on here about the RON value that should be used in the FSi - We have chosen to use 98RON fuel as opposed to the standard 95 RON unleaded, in our opinion it delivers better performance (not sure about economy).

hi i have a 1.4 tdi(75bhp) got 512miles out of a tank motorway use and heavy right foot avg' about 75-80mph and got 64mpg's. Around town i tend to get about 48 alot of stop start and the the odd boot if someone tries it on, haha

I'm getting low 50's mpg from my TDi 75. Trying BP Ultimate (£1.22 litre.....:eek:uch:) at present to see if it gives any improvement. Bought car January at Grimsby audi, are you the same Grim Reaper that frequents some MGrover sites?

I'm getting low 50's mpg from my TDi 75. Trying BP Ultimate (£1.22 litre.....:eek:uch:) at present to see if it gives any improvement.

You might like to look at my google s/s and experiment with BP Ultimate (see sig.)

I've noticed a significant drop in my mpg over the last few months. Part due I suspect to colder winter driving, winter fuel (diesel has additives in winter), new softer tyres, but mainly due to change from cross country A and B roads (typically 50-55 mph) to dual carriageway (65-70mph). Gone from 62 mpg to about 56.5mpg.

Oh, its a 1.4TDi 75bhp

hi i have a 1.4 tdi(75bhp) got 512miles out of a tank motorway use and heavy right foot avg' about 75-80mph and got 64mpg's. Around town i tend to get about 48 alot of stop start and the the odd boot if someone tries it on, haha

Hi Grim Reeper,

Congratulation on the figures you are achieving. I would like to see your figures for a year published on a spreadsheet. Google docs will allow you to do this.

You can see my spreadsheet here:-

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pJNq_XqWH-I7e36kRnrhQSQ

At a steady 70mph my DIS says I average nearly 60mpg. If I slow down to 60mph this rises to nearly 70mpg. In stop go traffic, with a cold start, I am lucky to get 30mpg.

John.

1.6 fsi economy

hi i have owned my a2 for about 5 weeks now. i use the higher rated 99 ron unleaded and very happy with 50-52 mpg, which works out to 420 miles to a tank each week. its mainly 50 mph country roads and 70 mph A roads each day to stansted airport. for a bit more history my car is castle red / se spec with interior lighting option /front fog lamps / 16"alloys / a2 owners club stickers. oh yes and only 21k miles. i hope to have heated mirrors and cruise control fitted soon by guru mike "skipton":) really good forum its good clean fun atb mike

My MPG seems to be steady around at 59 calculated, the DIS seems to be a bit hopeful and over reads by about 2-3 MPG. A steady cruise at 70mph got me 69mpg over 200miles though. The return journey dragged that down to 62 for some reason.

Anyone think that the point at which the fuel warning "beep" comes on is a bit eager? I usually fill up when it comes on after about 420 miles, and it takes a 34 litres to fill up. Being an 04 car, that leaves nearly 8 litres by my reckoning whcih seems a fair bit.

i work with new audi's and we have problems with them not starting some times when they get below the first redline plus its not a good idea to run them to low (dirt in tank)

never been sure about the "low fuel dirt into the engine" theory, surely the fuel filter deals with any dirt(down to 10 microns)and wouldn't the dirt get sucked in anyway, it's always gona be at the bottom? :confused:
i run my transit full to empty and have covered 100's of thousands of miles in 25 plus years of owning them.

Hi all - just given my 1.4TDI Sport (75bhp) a proper drive for the first time today since i got it. In total did 160 miles and was driving it pretty hard for most of it between 75-85. Computer says average mpg is 55.4mpg which im well impressed with!

Guess now i should drive a bit easier and see what i can get!

Thanks for all the info guys. I am getting 32.4 mpg on normal unleaded. But as i said in my first post it is stop start stop start, so Im looking forward to a good long drive this weekend. I hav,nt enjoyed a car as much since my Fiesta Supersport many moons ago.

I was a little dissapointed with the mpg of my 01(75)tdi to begin with but having read and seen else where that 60, 70 ,80 mpg are possible i do hold out hope of hitting that sort of figure.

I only do stop start town driving and get between 41 and 46 mpg the most ive had is 50 so i need to do a long motorway run to see what my baby will do.

Thanks for all the info guys. I am getting 32.4 mpg on normal unleaded. But as i said in my first post it is stop start stop start, so Im looking forward to a good long drive this weekend. I hav,nt enjoyed a car as much since my Fiesta Supersport many moons ago.

wow a supersport, now there's a rare beast, have not seen one for many years, much less common than an xr2:cool:
i'm heading to ebay right now:)

as if by magic http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1981-Ford-Fie...oryZ9844QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:
Back