multifunction steering wheel

martings

A2OC Donor
can anyone tell me whether I can retrofit a multifunction wheel to my A2.
It is 2002 1.4 TDi.
I have seen one part no 8E0000124B for sale and would like it oh so much but not sure if it fits and if it does, what to pay, any ideas?
Also is it something best left to the professionals or could I fit it meeself?

ta

glen

the germans have done it quite a bit

Iam also in the game of doing so

I asked about that steering wheel and apparently its a bit of a mixture between and
8E is for audi a4
and the airbag which is 8P is from audi A3 sportback

However i have seen somewhere that this number of 8E0000124b is equivalent to 8Z0 419 091F and that is the one you need (something starting with 8Z however skipton has put an TT 3 spoke in his one (which looks very good)

other things you maybe need is the self-cancelling slip ring

The thing you have to check on this steering wheel is if it still got the MFSW controller still in it (small little box in which all the connecters go)

But to make it easier, just do a search here for steering wheel

If you go for a new style wheel, with thumb rollers instead of the 3 buttons on either side, be warned that the original A2 multifunction controller is not compatible with them - you will need a new style MFSW controller and the downside of this is that it is built into the steering electronics module.

Cheers,

Mike

thanks mike, sounds like too much effort and huge expense, car is in for oil change today at shrewsbury audi, will also ask them, not sure I will get as useful a response.

Glen

Back