Murdos A2 Detailied

That is simply amazing, words like "glass" and "Mirror" spring to mind!!!

stunning work Chris, welcome to the forum.

Steve B

Thanks Chris. Lovely to meet you and your Mrs today. That doesn't look like my car it's too pristine.

I met Chris through the Skoda forum during my defection from Audi to the new Octavia!

Hugely impressed with your skills , attention to detail and impressive stock of car cleaning products!

As requested:

Murdo brought his car to me ready Clayed, so the cleaning process was a little easier and quicker

1. Snow Foam 'Power Maxed SF..1" in 1 litre of water..left to dwell for 5 minutes)

2. Wheels applied with Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels Iron out Cleaner...left to dwell and activate for 5 minutes, then pressure washed off

3. Car Rinsed off after 5 minutes with Pressure Washer

4. Washed with 'Meguiars Gold Class Car shampoo' via a 'Dooka Wash Pad' and the TBM & Grit Guard
EDIT:
Picture of some products used:

6. Rinsed off

7. Car dried with a 'CG Wooly Mammoth' and Permagon Waffle Drying Towels

8. Out with the Flex Dual Action Polisher with a Chem Guys 6" Medium Pad and Sonax Profiline 04/06 Polish and Rupes Rotary with a 3" Medium Pad for more intricate areas

9. At this point I gave Murdo a small lesson in polishing and he was able to do some polishing while I used the Rotary. Well done, he picked it up quickly!!
buffed it off

10. Applied ArtDeShine Obsidian wax to the paintwork and Murdo buffed it off.

11. Trim and rubbers dressed and buffed with AutoBrite Hellshine Abyss Sealant

12. Wheels and doorshuts applied and buffed with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer Quick Sealant (BSD)

13. Exterior glass cleaned with Meguiars Crystal Glass Cleaner

14. Tyres Dressed with Mainz Rejuvenate Matt Tyre Dressing

15. Paintwork finished with a light spray of Autobrite Project 32 Gloss Enhancing Spray Sealant...Buffed off with 'Eurow' Orange extra plush MF Cloth

Last edited:
Thanks for the write up! Can I ask a few questions please?

1. How do you find the Dooka wash pad? I've got countless mitts but never actually put my hand in them, but use the mitts as a pad. Is the Dooka worth buying you think?

2. Wouldn't washing with Megs Gold Class shampoo after claying and before machining be counter-intuitive? It's got conditioners in it that will attach themselves to the paintwork meaning you're machining them off again? I like to use Farcala G3 Detox / body prep as it strips lots of wax / polish off which is what you want if claying / machining. >DW review<

Great work!

As requested:

Murdo brought his car to me ready Clayed, so the cleaning process was a little easier and quicker

1. Snow Foam 'Power Maxed SF..1" in 1 litre of water..left to dwell for 5 minutes)

2. Wheels applied with Wonder Wheels Hot Wheels Iron out Cleaner...left to dwell and activate for 5 minutes, then pressure washed off

3. Car Rinsed off after 5 minutes with Pressure Washer

4. Washed with 'Meguiars Gold Class Car shampoo' via a 'Dooka Wash Pad' and the TBM & Grit Guard

6. Rinsed off

7. Car dried with a 'CG Wooly Mammoth' and Permagon Waffle Drying Towels

8. Out with the Flex Dual Action Polisher with a Chem Guys 6" Medium Pad and Sonax Profiline 04/06 Polish and Rupes Rotary with a 3" Medium Pad for more intricate areas

9. At this point I gave Murdo a small lesson in polishing and he was able to do some polishing while I used the Rotary. Well done, he picked it up quickly!!
buffed it off

10. Applied ArtDeShine Obsidian wax to the paintwork and Murdo buffed it off.

11. Trim and rubbers dressed and buffed with AutoBrite Hellshine Abyss Sealant

12. Wheels and doorshuts applied and buffed with Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer Quick Sealant (BSD)

13. Exterior glass cleaned with Meguiars Crystal Glass Cleaner

14. Tyres Dressed with Mainz Rejuvenate Matt Tyre Dressing

15. Paintwork finished with a light spray of Autobrite Project 32 Gloss Enhancing Spray Sealant...Buffed off with 'Eurow' Orange extra plush MF Cloth

Holy Cow! I'm exhausted just reading all this!

Cheers
Sarge

Thanks for the write up! Can I ask a few questions please?

1. How do you find the Dooka wash pad? I've got countless mitts but never actually put my hand in them, but use the mitts as a pad. Is the Dooka worth buying you think?

2. Wouldn't washing with Megs Gold Class shampoo after claying and before machining be counter-intuitive? It's got conditioners in it that will attach themselves to the paintwork meaning you're machining them off again? I like to use Farcala G3 Detox / body prep as it strips lots of wax / polish off which is what you want if claying / machining. >DW review<

Great work!
Happy to answer
1. Its the best wash pad Ive ever used. Durable and safe to use.....Worth every penny
2. Gold Class Shampoo before claying always...I also use the soapy water as a lubricant for the clay or clay mitt
I prefer AB Wax Off if doing a full detox prior to polishing ...as said, on this occasion..no need
I didn't clay the car because Murdo already had the day before. Conditioners are used to make it slippy on the paint surface and therefore avoid marring
Then dry off and polish..The shampoo is not used to condition the paintwork, but to safely lift away the dirt. I use it no matter what I'm doing for that reason
There is no benefit in terms of protection after drying the car

Last edited:
After seing murdo's car in the flesh as such yesterday all I can say is the paintwork looked like glass and absolutely stunning and a credit to all your hard work.
Thanks for the list of ingredients ;) and procedures to obtain such a lovely finish.
Regards Gary

I have a secret ingredient when I comes to a car wash

0814f4b19b2332823fc96c07f17435aa.jpg

And I can do up to 50% more vehicles than your average liquid.

I love people using Fairy Liquid..It eventually ruins the paintwork and requires someone like me to rectify it...at a cost!! Brilliant!!
Shall I send you my number? :cool:

Reactions: dlp
I love people using Fairy Liquid..It eventually ruins the paintwork and requires someone like me to rectify it...at a cost!! Brilliant!!
Shall I send you my number? :cool:

OUCH i always use fairy if my cars black as ya hat before i wash n wax , why what does it do , might have to change my ways but always found it gets all the crud off without scratching ....????

Back