My car is Christine

Dfens

After having my car serviced by a 'friend' who in all fairness is quite experienced my a2 now accelerates after 3-4gear changes and the rev counter climbs right to the end of the rev limiter occasionally. It only does it when warm really. It 'feels' a bit like cruise control. I took it to a garage and they didn't know what it was. The 'friend' "cant understand why its doing it" Anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks

What parts did your friend fiddle with during the service - I assume it was performing normally before the work was done?
Do you have access to a diagnostics tool - such as VAGCOM - would be useful to see if any fault codes had been logged.

MAF, boost leak, bust intercooler, sticky VNT, could be many many things but I'm sure we can help to narrow the field.

Ok, sorry for delay it had a new fuel filter complete with housing fitted and pollen and air filters.he also arsed around with something called the EGR (which he blanked off but then reconnected because the engine management light kept coming on) and the turbo was a bit noisy.
The vids print out shows 01271- positioning motor for temperature flap v68 41-10 blocked or no voltage
Then there were 3/4 faults to do with signal wire to interior monitor ; alarm triggered by door contact drivers door intermittent That's about it. He said something about the bracket or screw for the fuel filter bust when he was taking it off so he said he had to buy the complete housing. He wondered initially if he'd reconnected the hoses wrong but he rechecked and hadn't. This was verified by the next garage. I reckon it's that EGR nonsense. But then again what do I know!
Any thoughts clever fellows? Does anyone know anyone who knows their onions in the Rochdale/bury area who you think could fix it?

V68 is to do with the internal aircon.

EGRs.. sorry, I'm a petrol driver, I know nothing about blanking these in TDIs :D

- Bret

Back