My first A2 2001 1.4 tdi Love it but a few niggles and questions I need to ask?

ashley7715

A2OC Donor
ello all,
Having been an Audi fan for many years Ive owned an A4 1.9 TDI SE 1998 nice car amazing build etc. Then a 2001 A3 1.8T Quattro 180 (revo remap) very nice car but appauling on fuel. Then a 2006 A4 2.0TDI sLine with all the options loved this car but after a turbo exploded and the multitronic exploded and two rather large bills I didnt didnt fany another so opted to sell up and get an A2 tdi with my girlfriend for Mpg and £30 road tax.

So far so good its a 2001 (registered 1.3.2001 phew £30 road tax bracket) denim blue 1.4 tdi 75bhp 113k with a broken opensky not much history and I think its an import but its great looking and a great drive.

I needs some advice on the following problems

1 opensky is it worth trying to fix?

2 Aircon is not working checked the pump to see if it spins but it doesent thst as far as I have got.?

3 Radiator fan is always running when you start it up in the morning its constantly on I think the water senser and its the old 2 wire type but dont know how to test it and if it is the problem car still sits at 90 degrees.

4 I need to get an immobiliser key programmed Ive made a new key up with a new immobiliser glass chip in it and have programmed the remote unlocking and I have a genuine VAGcom cable and programme but need the immobliser pin code (SUK) has anyone tried this for 25Euro? http://www.vag-info.com/Immo Pin Code Service.htm

5 also the ride is a little hard would new Shocks help? have put 4 new tyre on Kumho KH31's I think (x4 £268 all in)

All help would be good.

Ashley West London

1. Yes, but it's £2k. Your call.
2. Check controller 8 / HVAC group 1 after leaving the car over night. If it's less than 5bar, you need to re-gas. If it's not been re-gassed and is a 0, chances are the compressor is cooked. Have fun with that.
3. Rad fan controller, probably, it's been seen a few times.
4. Not tried this.
5. Welcome to the A2 ;)

- Bret

Hi and welcome to the A2oc and A2 ownership.

To get your key sorted there are two members who can do this. Mike Skipton in Manchester. A bit far for you but the other Sarge786 in London. So great for you. Send him a pm and I am sure he will be able to sort you out.

Cheers

David

Welcome Ashley - you live in Richmond? So do I!
My car has modified suspension to help with the ride - I have the Koni FSD shocks, plus I've also downsized to 15" wheels - it makes a dramatic difference - you're welcome to come and have a drive in mine? Pop round one evening... One member has just this week installed Monroe shocks which use the same technology as the Koni FSDs but are somewhat cheaper too so they may well be a good option going forward...

Thanks for all your help here Opensky I may pass on for 2k did read that Worthng Audi may do a deal but as im out of 10year thing will speak to them and see what they can do. Dan_b yes Richmond here too - a meet up would be good I did see that post on the Monroe shocks that is an option would be good to see what a difference it makes as mine is shocking (no pun intended) I have full VAGCom too if you need anything doing. I'll pm Sarge as to getting info on the pin code.

Welcome to A2OC, if your in the Chiswick area and spot my White A2 than gave me a wave.

Welcome Ashley i will add one point no3 ----the fan running all the time is because your car has air con. The fan runs at a reduced speed to keep airflow over the aircon rad---this maybe a good sign that it just needs re gassing(fingers crossed). On the 20th may we have a social at colchester zoo why not join us and view some other members cars and chat with us--details are in the socials section.
cheers Mike

Back