My new car!

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

Getting even further away from my connection with A2 ownership, I should be picking up an Avensis T3-X 2.0 auto on Saturday:

rt03avensis01.jpg

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Your past cars are becoming like a collection of Russian dolls ;)
What's next.....VW Sharan?

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II.

Steve - congrats! Did you get a good part-ex on your Corolla?
Why did you go for an Avensis...good spec?

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart1.jpg[/img=left] Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator | Ex-A2 Owner (Now a VW Touran Owner!)

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray.
Visit the A2OC Website

Will-nah, Hummer!
Stuart-get ready......£8750! Nearly as bad as the A2! But Toyota are chucking money at new Avensis owners so got about £2.3k off.
Dennis-nearly as dark as an A3 DSG..........maersk........anyone there.......

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

[5]
Ohhhh, you little tinker!
(PC - travelling person who does odd jobs with metallic objects)

NEVER attempt a battle of wits with an unarmed man.
A2 1.4 SE TDI replaced with A3 2.0TDI DSG, the transmission of the future - today.

Knife thrower?

Nice car, definitely.

But I don't think the low point of view does it much justice. Makes it look like it is related to the new Beetle, with longer front and back end bits sticking out.
Or maybe it's just me...

Drive safely!

Edo

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, TomTom3 PDA Satnav, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

I must admit that when I looked at the photos on the PC, the low angle did make the car look different than when you see it in the metal. I will do some back and interior shots too-the back looks nice with the snazzy rear lights.

Steve - A couple of A2's, then a Corolla, now an Avensis T3-X 2.0 Auto

Steve - I like it...a lot.
Been looking at upgrading our Corolla as well (no I'm not copying you!) to a Diesel T-Spirit 5 door Avensis as you can't even fit a twin pram in the boot of a Corolla. They are a lot of money but the spec is just unbelievable for the money. It all depends how much I can get part-ex for the Corolla. I picked up a brochure today at the dealer but unfortunately they didn't have a 5 door version there, only an estate. Any chance you could send a few pics of the interior/boot? Avensis club here we come!

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart1.jpg[/img=left] Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator | Ex-A2 Owner (Now a VW Touran Owner!)

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray.
Visit the A2OC Website

Hey Stuart, way to go! An Avensis!

Where do I start. Spec. T2-base, forget it. T3-S comes with sat nav and a bit more over the T2, but not much-you are paying for a basic sat nav.
I went for the T3-X as it has more gadgets and style bits and bobs. Folding heated mirrors, auto wipers, auto anti-dazzle rear view mirror, dual climate control etc.

The T4 is a T3-X with the sat nav from a T3-S, so best of both world but of course the money goes up-I'd rather have the T3-X and buy a Garmin or PDA sat nav solution. Cheaper too.

The T-Spirit does come with the most-leather, electric seats, sat nav etc. I would look long and hard at a T3-X and T-Spirit and make sure you are happy bunging out the extra on bits you may not need.

But if I had the dosh, a T-Spirit I would have.

Engines. I was going auto, so when I talked to the dealer about the 1.8 he said it was ok, but don't expect too much. I test drove a 2.0 so knew what I was getting, so went for the 2.0 and I have not been dissapointed. Kickdown comes in and wah-hay!!!

Some reviewers say the diesel is the best engine to go for, some say the diesel isn't the best. I don't know where these comments come from so best to test drive a petrol and diesel together. I spoke to a friend who does have the diesel and he loves the car except for the performance-or lack of.

I'll try and snap a few extra shots in a day or so and pop the links up. In the mean time, shout with any questions.

No no no!!! As a design I'm sorry you will never ever see this Avensis (or any previous version) in any proper historical car museum come the year 2020 or later! (Perhaps only in a dark corner of Toyota City in Tokyo). The A2 on the other hand should feature in every car museum everywhere! LOL Sorry to both Steve and Stu on their taste in cars! <ducking, waiting for slap>

____________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-2/11882/a2andme2.gif[/img=left]
2001 A2 TDI SE Crystal Blue with Open Sky, 6CD Symphony II, BOSE upgrade, DIS and HALF a winterpack!

iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve, rear cupholders, luggage net and floppy wiper!

http://www.a2oc.net/pic_show.asp?picid=1572&type=1 On www.A2OC.net pictures UK160 to UK183

The A2 in a museum? I always knew it was a dinosaur!

1-1 I believe!

After owning the Volvo V70 since new, all things being equal (which they are not at the moment), I would buy another Volvo of the same type, with all the toys of course. It's comfortable. fast, very fast when the T kicks in, a fantastic load carrier, wardrobes, beds, sofas, not all at the same time of course! Low enough boot floor for the dog to jump in and load wardrobes and....er, thats enough things in the boot. It returns 27 to the gallon with town running, the A2 shows 35.
It's a bit big to park in some car parks, and parts cost an arm and a leg, but you don't need them too often (touching wood etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back