My newly purchased KG.

Keithb

Picked this up on Saturday, its a 1970 VW Karman Ghia. She's not immaculate or concourse, but she's tidy enough and has a small list of jobs that I need to look at (Steering box play, two small oil leaks, etc etc) :D

kg_09.jpg

kg_12.jpg

kg_06.jpg

kg_16.jpg

Very Nice!! What engine has itand Must be one of the last produced? I started my motoing life in a Beetle and always hankered after a razor edge KG which are becoming a bit like hens teeth...... Not having a garage makes it impossible to own such a car and having tried classic motoring with a 944T am selling it because outside storage is doing it no favours:(

(By the way talking of classics and rust I saw a Lancia Beta for sale yesterday and it was a rust bucket!)

Last edited:
WOW that looks fantastic they have always been on my one day wish list. love the lines and the interior looks fab. good choice

74 was the last year for Ghia production, so nearly one of the last ones. :)

Its a 1500 and pulls really nicely, the best things though are the Disc brakes. I test drove two on full Drums and it was hair raising to say the least.

I know what you mean Adrain you have to have storage for motors like this, or your asking for trouble based on the summer we've just had.

A Razor would be lovely, even rarer than a KG!

Back