my windows are like kat slaters pants...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...they keep coming down!

What's going on?

Windows go up when you do the "2 click" thing, then as if by magic it comes back down around 100mm, after numerous attempts holding the switch down etc it goes back up.

We've had new switches, lifting mech and had the sensor adjusted for sensing trapped hands in the window etc...

I have been into to dealer 3 times now, each time the problem is sorted but a few months later it reappears...

...anyone any ideas?

bba

My car sometimes does this.

With me it's the heat. The door expands a little from the heat. When I want to close the windows the motor detects to much resistance and suspects that something is trapped. So it opens the windows again.

Most of the time I keep the windows open until everything is cooled down or I keep them closed until the CC cools everything down.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

You could try setting the endpoints for the windows, they sometimes seem to get lost... try running the windows all the way up and then holding the switch in the UP-postition for around 5-10 seconds, then run them all the way down. Seems to work most of the time...

Bye, Frido.

----
[img=left]http://homepage.mac.com/frido/a2pic.gif[/img=left]
A2 1.4 TDI 2003 S-Line, cobalt blue, CC, DIS, SatNav+, Apple iPod
now parents' car: A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS
My A2OC pics Homepage

bba - long time no see,

In case of my experience, I have noticed that when this happens it is due to the window moves slightly out of line (i.e. glass is not level).
I believe the safety window sensing system itself is not that intelligent. I understand that when the window moves slightly out of line, it judges that something is trapped (i.e. something has stopped one side moving up), hence the stops and opens the window.
Next time it happens, try watching the level of the window. You should see it moves out of line just before it comes back down. Try supporting the window level, and it will then close straight away.

It doesn't happen all the time, therefore maybe the temperature has some effect on the window mechanism or glass runners. Maybe you should ask AUDI to take a look (however of course it will work perfectly when they have it)

Kaine

Common fault is the relays & motors breakdown. Both mine went within 1 month. Luck has it that I have a special diaognostic machine which detected it. As all Audi A2 has window closure when holding the button (lock or unlock) this triggers if the motor becomes faulty. A dealer should replace if the car is under warrentee.

Hi All

I remember when Kaine was just a junior member, now look at him... Racing driver... lol

Anyway... further to my kat slater windows line, the problem has gone away, my other half thinks that It's when I have the roof bars on, that causes the problem. Although it's not until we take the bars off that we get the problem (I wonder if the window seals are temporarily being distorted???)

Other than that no problems with ours, apart from having an a4 avant as a courtesy car... with a 1.9 tdi lump... in it... pokey and smooth...

bba

I had this problem on my previous A2, on driver side, dealer said it was the channels that the window runs up and down which get dirty. They sorted it out, even did the passenger side. I can't remember if they cleaned the channels or replaced them. This seemed to cure the problem.

It had to go back though, they had creased one of the seals and one of the windows was not adjusted properly leaving a 0.5 cm gap at the top even though the window was fully up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back