Mystery pipe...

Brabazon

Was trying to figure out how to change my headlamp bulb today and came across this pipe which isn't connected to anything! Any ideas where it should go and what it does? It's clipped onto the bodywork so I'm guessing it's in the right place. It was tucked underneath the wire with the blue stripe in the photo, I lifted it out for the purposes of the pic.

Thanks, Jon

4iexjl.jpg
e

It's a rainwater run-off pipe and the end arrowed (nearest the engine) should be pushed onto the hole just visible in the top right hand corner of the photo, which is where rain water goes!

You can re-route the other end to get it passing down and out as easily as possible, but watch out for the aux belt and the alternator.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Mike, that was quick! I think the guys who fitted my FSD's a while ago may have forgotten to re-attach it. Hope that's all they forgot... ;)

Jon

Was trying to figure out how to change my headlamp bulb today ....

Thanks, Jon

e

TIP: You might find it a lot easier/quicker to change the bulbs by simpling removing the headlight/s, only two bolts and complete headlight comes away all done easily in a matter of 'seconds' ;)

SARGE

TIP: You might find it a lot easier/quicker to change the bulbs by simpling removing the headlight/s, only two bolts and complete headlight comes away all done easily in a matter of 'seconds' ;)

SARGE

Thanks Sarge, spotted that on another post. Is it 2 torx screws? Will have to buy a set of bits...

Jon

Yep just two torx bolts, and it slides right out, otherside (wing side of fitting) there is two lugs on end of light cluster that simply slide into the two holes, and then the two torx bolts go into their position.

It also gives you a chance the have a look around/clean under there and inspect the light unit.

Cheers

SARGE

Then there's the T25s used to hold the door cards and central trim panels on, as well as parts of the dash.

If you get a set, make sure it has T20, T25, T30 and T40 (used in the door mirror mounts). A set of 12 point bits would be useful too.

Cheers

Mike

Then there's the T25s used to hold the door cards and central trim panels on, as well as parts of the dash.

If you get a set, make sure it has T20, T25, T30 and T40 (used in the door mirror mounts). A set of 12 point bits would be useful too.

Cheers

Mike

Great. Thanks for that, will get a set. Been using my Dad's up to now, but he lives 50 miles away so not that convenient...! Need to change this bulb ASAP before the rozzers notice it... :)

Jon

rainwater pipe

Here is one for you I the pipe in question I have increased by useing the same style pipe put a filter in the middle ie sponge (large holes) and it has been diverted into my water filler for screen wash have not filled it for three months now no issues with jets

:D

Rain water is quite rich in minerals that don't get filtered by your sponge and will end up clogging your pump. What you save by not buying washing liquid now, you lose when you'll have problems with the pump, and something tells me it's gonna be more costly.:rolleyes:
And not to mention that plain rain water doesn't have any of the cleaning properties of washing liquid.

Back