Mystery switch

Alphane

Hello!

I've been lurking here for a while whilst researching and finally buying an A2. I'm chuffed to bits with my purchase (an immaculate '02 TDI SE with all the trimmings) but have a quick question: there's a mysterious switch on the outside of both of the front seats (see picture) which doesn't seem to do anything. I'm guessing it could be something like optional lumbar support, the mechanism for which isn't fitted but the switch is.

It's no big deal really, I'm just curious. I've already told the girlfriend that it's the ejector seat and that she shouldn't press it when the roof is closed...

Cheers.

Yup - lumbar support switch. Unusual that it's not installed though. I see you have sports seats in an SE. Perhaps the previous owner added the seats at a later stage. I had factory-fitted sports seats in my SE - and they came with the lumbar support.

Thanks for the replies. I'll check the fuses tonight.

Presumably it's obvious when it is working? You'd feel the area in the small of your back move and hear the motor wouldn't you? I've had a good fiddle with both switches and not noticed anything.

If you've got the sports seats fitted, you will have lumbar support - you can't have one without the other!

Cheers,

Mike

I think this is the standard seat *rather than sports) you get when you specify leather on an SE. Certainly looks like ours. And we paid for lumbar as well.

Look very like sports seats to me - certainly just about the same as mine.

Either way, get that handbrake grip secured before it comes off in your hand!

Cheers,

Mike

Back