Nav plus

Louis

A2OC Donor
Netherlands
So, I treated myself with a fathersday present

Added a Dension BT link so I can stream Spotify over the carstereo.
d36bcb561b76fa16c7fb4269895e7e50.jpg

Is there anything you haven’t treated yourself to?

I’m seeing reversing camera, heated seats, TT pedals, A1 sport knob, presumably custom coloured leather (looks very pretty).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice work. Does the BT link work as a phone kit too, if linked to your mobile?

Also, that looks like an RNS-D. I thought that the Dension BT only works with the RNS-E?

@TFG
Yes it is a RNS-D. The phone doesn't connect to the Dension, this goes through the Navi-plus.
It is a Dension Gateway Lite BT (GBL-9231-2)

@Pinkythelabrat
I like treating myself now and then... the treat was actually the reversing camera.
The Dension was the cherry on the cake
The gearknob and shiftcover are original A2 parts.
Leather color is "Aztec-yellow" (colorcode 78M), so not custom coloured.

Wow! They look brand new and I’ve never seen that colour before. Good job!

I’m not knocking it - just jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have replaced my RNS-D with a RNS-E mk2, so is someone fancies sat-nav with strictly OEM look, the unit sits in my garage, along with the mandatory TMC module (for displaying info on the DIS... no longer needed with RNS-E) ;)

Reversing camera is a nice feature :)
I'm used to it in my Mercedes, but the most confusing thing when parking the A2 is not the lack of reversing camera, but of front parking sensors... and that the wipers stalk is NOT the gear lever, d'oh ! ;)

"I'm used to it in my Mercedes, but the most confusing thing when parking the A2 is not the lack of reversing camera, but of front parking sensors... and that the wipers stalk is NOT the gear lever, d'oh ! ;)"

The wiper stalk is placed perfectly on Audi as opposed to Mercedes! ;)

What does the TMC module actually do? Would it work with an aftermarket head unit?

Don't know the full details but main functions are to act as a CAN interface for the head unit to allow sat nav data to be displayed on DIS (direction arrows, junction countdown markers, street names etc) plus, as the name suggests, broadcast of TMC traffic management updates.

Cheers Spike

Just navigation data, or all data from the headunit ? (radio preset/RDS text, CD nr and track, ...)

And personally, I found that I HAD to bypass that TMC module in order to have the RNS-E data displayed on the DIS.

It converts the Bosch can bus to infotainment can bus. So that's why you can get rid of it with an rns-e as that already talks infotainment and has the TMC tuner built in.

I have replaced my RNS-D with a RNS-E mk2, so is someone fancies sat-nav with strictly OEM look, the unit sits in my garage, along with the mandatory TMC module (for displaying info on the DIS... no longer needed with RNS-E) ;)

Reversing camera is a nice feature :)
I'm used to it in my Mercedes, but the most confusing thing when parking the A2 is not the lack of reversing camera, but of front parking sensors... and that the wipers stalk is NOT the gear lever, d'oh ! ;)
hi how much would you be looking for the RNS-D?

Hello,
£150
It comes complete with manuals (well... in French :( ), code, keys (to remove it), and the TMC module. And even a GPS antenna.
Just one thing : the navigation CD is for Benelux (+ Europa but only highways)
Cheers

Attachments

• RNS-D_01.jpg
    RNS-D_01.jpg
    446.7 KB · Views: 349
Back