Need a part number, how to get?

C_ReGA

Hi guys,

i was told i need to replace a steering angle sensor on my Audi 1,4 TDI, 2001.
Audi dealers said: "The steering angle sensor I believe is built into the steering column slip ring - £208".
I got a quote from 247spares website of £65 for a used but guaranteed for 3 months. But they need a part number. How can i get it?

thanks.

The website http://www.vagcat.com/ which requires free registration allows you to look into the catalogue, effectively materials of an old version of ETKA. Or you can source* a software called ETKA.

On the other hand, are you getting an error code on the steering angle sensor or something? It might be dirty on the sensor. IIRC, there is some kind of optical sensor which members have cleaned it and worked. It is not very difficult to take it out but you need the tool to at least remove the steering wheel (a M20 star bit). I've not had a problem but cleaned mine the last time I took things apart. Do a search on the forum, there were a couple of threads.

standard wheel

yeah guys i've seen the cleaning suggestion, the thing is, i do not have time or confidence to do the job. I just had a battle of replacing the electric pump and some wiring by this garage, as power steering did not work, now it works, but the warning sign is still there, the garage warned me that the steering angle is damaged and needs replacing. Thanks Bret for the number.

which one`s right? :)

Bret thanks for your help on that number,
i just got one from Audi dealers
and theirs is: 1J0 959 654 AG

and yours was 1J0 959 554 AG

maybe you know what that means? which one is right?

Audi A2, 1,4 TDI, 2001.

Registration number: V857 PGF
Chassis number: WAUZZZ8ZZ1N028794

got 1J0 959 654 AP instead

thanks again Bret,
i have got the part 1J0 959 654 AP and
they say it replaces the 1J0 959 654 AG
and must fit A2 as well as A4.
Have you heard anything about that?

Back