need help(chipping)

A2SPORT

hi there all

i have an audi a2 tdi sport 75bhp and want to chip it but dont know where to go. can anyone point me in the right direction (as to where i can go)? i live in a little town called rochdale if thats any help lolz

The choices are pretty straightforward: Stealth Racing in Southam near Coventry or Awesome in Irlam, near Manchester.

My A2 was custom remapped by Awesome and the results were (and are) awesome too. Look them up (www.awesome-gti.co.uk) and then give them a call, telling them you're from the A2OC and you'll get the discounted price.

Cheers,

Mike

The choices are pretty straightforward: Stealth Racing in Southam near Coventry or Awesome in Irlam, near Manchester.

My A2 was custom remapped by Awesome and the results were (and are) awesome too. Look them up (www.awesome-gti.co.uk) and then give them a call, telling them you're from the A2OC and you'll get the discounted price.

Cheers,

Mike

phoned up and they gave me a quote $425 pound is the price ok

Last edited:
hi there all

i have an audi a2 tdi sport 75bhp and want to chip it but dont know where to go. can anyone point me in the right direction (as to where i can go)? i live in a little town called rochdale if thats any help lolz

Try Simon Coe of CCCTech 01246 411021 07957 240822 he is based in Sheffield, Skipton01 and myself have had their chip upgrade with satisfactory results
cheers
Mike

Chipping and Tuning.

I found out about Awesome GTI from Skipton when he came to fit my A2 with cruise control.When i phoned them i was quoted £385+vat, but i mentioned that Stealth was offering a discount to members off this website.In the end the remap cost me £295+vat.
I asked Dean if he could offer this price to all A2oc members and he was fine about me posting the price on this forum .I would highly recommend them.
I have ordered weitec springs and koni fsd's from Awesome and will be having them fitted by them,including the four wheel alignment.(I think that they are selling the koni fsd's cheaper than anyone at the moment)
I have found them very friendly,helpful and there service has been the best that i have come across.
I hope this information will be useful for those members who live up north and don't want to trek down south to have there A2's tuned.

Last edited:
Brads - was your A2 a 75bhp TDI and if so, what power did Awesome get? How much did they quote for the Weitec springs and Koni's? Thanks

Hi Brads
I recently fitted Koni FSD's to my 2001 TDi and found the rear bump stops had deteriorated and the front strut top mount bearings were badly rusted and all the grease had washed out of the ball races (probably due to me regularly pressure washing up inside the wheel arches)
The rear bump stops are easily checked by jacking up the rear of the car to get full suspension travel then pulling up the corrugated cover to expose the bump stops. On mine it was the bottom 30mm which had crumbled away.
The front strut top mounts cannot be inspected until the strut assy is removed. The parts are about £20 the pair so if the car is more than a couple of years old they may be worth replacing regardless (even better if Awesome have these parts in stock and can decide if they are needed on the day)

Cheers Spike

im having mine remapped at stealth on the rolling road on the 18th september for the a2oc discounted price of £225 bargain

I have ordered weitec springs and koni fsd's from Awesome and will be having them fitted by them,including the four wheel alignment.(I think that they are selling the koni fsd's cheaper than anyone at the moment)
I have found them very friendly,helpful and there service has been the best that i have come across.

Do you have any price for the koni's (supply only) as i'm currenlty in the process of doing this also, so any help is appreciated :D

The prices from Awesome are as follows:
Koni FSD's - £293+vat
Weitec 30/30 springs - £76.60+vat
Fitting of springs and dampers - £167.50+vat (this price includes the four wheel alignment)
Hope this is of help,Brads.

Brads, thanks for that - I make that £977 for a remap and entire suspension upgrade. Not bad! :) I am interested, but for me it will have to wait until after I have forked out £500+ on a long life service and cambelt / water pump change. :(

Sorry, what power did Awesome get from your TDI? Cheers

The prices from Awesome are as follows:
Koni FSD's - £293+vat
Weitec 30/30 springs - £76.60+vat
Fitting of springs and dampers - £167.50+vat (this price includes the four wheel alignment)
Hope this is of help,Brads.

On the subject of springs, how much of a lowering is that compared to the original springs??

On the subject of springs, how much of a lowering is that compared to the original springs??

The Weitec springs should lower by 30mm back and front,but after reading the different threads about the Koni FSD's i think that it will sit slightly higher.
I was not really looking to lower the A2 by much and was trying to find a set of Eibach springs,as these would of only lowered by 20mm but they are no longer available.The other option were the H&R springs which would lower by 25mm,but the feedback on this forum steered me away from fitting these as they seem to be far too firm for the A2,especially on our fantastic U.K. roads!!
When Mike (Skipton01) came to fit my cruise,he has the Weitec springs on the front of Tank along with the Koni FSD's all round and this looked nice without being lowered to much.
There is a superb thread by Schnelletrecker on the different suspension set ups available for the A2 posted on this forum.There are also photos of A2's with them fitted,so it gives you a good idea as to how your car would look.
Cheers,Brads.

Last edited:
im having mine remapped at stealth on the rolling road on the 18th september for the a2oc discounted price of £225 bargain

what i phoned stealth the other day and they quoted me £375+vat what a rip off and i told them i am a member of a2oc

Last edited:
Back