Information needed. 2002 a2 tdi for sale. price

Audiobull

A2OC Donor
Looking for a whats it worth before i can put it in the for sale section with a price.
i am selling it as i have no option but to sell to source funds.

its an 02 plate
Bad points.
starter motor squeals
190k on clock. rest of the car looks no where near 190k. engine doesnt miss a beat.

good points
its an audi a2
its a tdi
*it has cruise control*
tons of paperwork
2 keys and emergency plastic key
year mot
near year tax
£30 tax year
bodywork and wheels are great for year
interior is in great condition. would benefit from full valet.
first paperwork part is loose paperwork, second is out the audi pocket folder.
All the little niggles have been sorted and it runs and drives perfect. stops perfect too. cant get over how good these are on fuel.

Does this mean the project is off??

As a guide, I have put near enough the exact same car except 149k and a baes spec model (as apposed to your se) up for £1850 this week. Have had some interest but nothing solid with a couple of offers at £1400 which I wouldn't accept.

Steve. it does mate. I am absolutely gutted. after everything, parts ive started buying and research. absolutely gutted :-( mrs says were be back though.

is that including cruise control in the spec?

Wow! That's some paperwork!

As per PM - really sorry you're having difficult times.

This is an SE model?

The free online guide values this car higher than I'd have expected at 190k with a trade price of 2700 and 4300 retail. I don't feel that's at all realistic though. The lower private sale value is £2000 which I think somewhere around that figure is a more sensible pitch.

Have you tried an online valuation from 'webuyanycar.com'

I don't think cruise adds any value to the car - it just makes it a more attractive buy. Inevitably, the mileage is going to put lots of people off.

I think a trade price is more likely to be arount the £900 mark if using a proper valuation like cap.

I think a trade price is more likely to be arount the £900 mark if using a proper valuation like cap.

Yes, I suspected as much. Sorry for the slight swerve, but its relavent to a request for valuation. Steve - we used to be able to access CAP through the Vauxhall website for current trade values but this link was stopped. As you're in the trade do you know of any good valuation sites that don't require a subscription?

The 'wisebuyers' guide that I've linked on the marketplace forums seems to have increasingly rose tinted glasses. My primary reason for using that one was you can adjust for mileage which attracts a fee on the majority of other sites.

Well 'in the trade' in the loosest respect since I seem to have become addicted to A2's. I could and did make far more money selling everyday corsa's etc but I enjoy A2's much more. I think it is defiantely more of a hobby now.

Sorry and in answer to your question, I generally just know the value of A2's through research but if I need to price something Iask my mate to cap it through his dealership.

Sorry and in answer to your question, I generally just know the value of A2's through research but if I need to price something Iask my mate to cap it through his dealership.

OK thanks. I've generally got a fair idea from research too, but finding it increasingly difficult to put a price on the early /high mileage examples. I'll defer to your greater knowledge and trade contacts.

Hope Ben gets an idea of a fair price for his car from the steerage given.

thanks guys. i will probably start around the £2000 mark or a little higher and go from there. if no bites ill go down. £1850 for a tdi steve, that is cheap anyways and not sold yet, that is surprising. when i was looking they were selling like hot cakes.

Yes I'm surprised, especially that I havn't even had a viewing. It is a bad time of year to sell mind you because most people are going on their summer holidays so are saving spare money for that.

thanks guys. i will probably start around the £2000 mark or a little higher and go from there. if no bites ill go down. £1850 for a tdi steve, that is cheap anyways and not sold yet, that is surprising. when i was looking they were selling like hot cakes.

Where are you going to advertise this, I would suggest that you start on here (in the right section) or have you done that already?

People will be put off by the high mileage, but we all know that the condition and service history is more important.

It sounds like a well maintained car and so should sell easily enough to someone who understands the mileage aspect.

Best wishes
Steve B

Where are you going to advertise this, I would suggest that you start on here (in the right section) or have you done that already?

Ben's not online so I can answer that one. It will go on here, he's been PM me about his A2's and this post was for him to gauge the value.

Ben's not online so I can answer that one. It will go on here, he's been PM me about his A2's and this post was for him to gauge the value.

That explains it !!

I have seen posts like this resulting in the member being asked to post it on the marketplace instead (due to the fact that an enquiry about value often leads to the car being for sale).

So I can see now why this one is a little different.

Steve B

Yes I will get it in the for sale section once i see it tomorrow and can be 100% accurate with amount of tax left. Its parked in my garage at work along with my other one. I dont want them getting wet now do i, even if i am not using them.
When I was looking the mileage did not even enter my mind. now i have driven it and own it, it will not stop me looking at another one with high mileage. the only suggestion its done 190k is from vcds, the history and the speedo (thanks murdo and sumo, 100% correct it works on tdi but not petrol :-( )
The thing is would i be called tight if i said i did not want to sell it on ebay? I hate the fact they make millions by sitting there doing nothing. I am just jealous i actually have to work hard to earn money i think.

I did put it in the for sale to start with but being dumb i didnt read the rules that it needed a price so deleted it quick and asked if i could start this post as i did not have a clue how much it was worth with the mileage. also about my petrol a2 which is more then likely going to be scraped and broken for parts due to the previous owner being naughty.

Hi,

The guys who moderate the forums are VERY good, they maintain the standards but they are very understanding as well.
It is obvious that you were genuinely just trying to get some help and advice and this is the best forum for that.

Hopefully you will find a buyer for your nice A2 soon.

As for eBay, I know what you mean.
I have always found eBay a reasonable place to find a car, but not the best place to sell one!!!
As you say, they get a lot of money for what they do, but I suppose that while people are still prepared to pay the price things won't change.

All the best
Steve B

You think ebay is bad, you should try selling at auction. Most auction houses make about £250 per transaction. Now that really is money for nothing.

Yes auction houses do sell for a fee plus commision but at least its real and not virtual, you can see the car running as it goes through and check the car out before it goes through, you also have 1 hour to test the car and reject it if it turns out it has faults that were not in the description..

Back