New 1.6 Sport Owner

S2Dicky

Evening

Just bought myself an A2 today, not picked it up yet but well pleased with it. It's my second Audi going to join my A6 allroad.

It's got the rear bench seat, boot cover and false floor, double din radio which were all things I wanted along with DIs which was essential for me. The gearbox was lovely and silky not like my out going Mini Cooper....

It's pretty clean and straight, I will get in serviced and probably a cambelt.

Only thing it's missing I would like was front fogs.

Odd thing with Isofix in the rear there are only 3 points and not 4? Thought it was odd and checked it against the two other A2 SE's he had in stock and they were the same?

Will get some better shots up when cleaned and polished

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

HI,

WELCOME!!!!!

Looks like a lovely example of a FSI Sport.

Yes the gearchange on the petrol A2s is so smooth and loose (in a good way)

Yes, the Isofix in the back seat of the 5 seater is a strange one.

We look forward to your posts, it is a VERY friendly forum and one all us members are proud of.

Hopefully we will see you at some of the socials? The meal next month perhaps? (Quite a journey from Kent but I travel from Staines and stay over, it really is well worth it).

As I say, welcome and congratulations on your choice of car and choice of forum!!!

Steve B

I love black A2's! Looks a nice one too.

Just needs the original centre caps and it will be perfect! Enjoy!

Cheers, funny you should say that about the centre caps, it's missing one and when I looked I haven't found the same style?

If they are rep caps I will get 4 OEM ones, I didn't inspect the wheels closely but I guess the are genuine?

Do you have a picture of the wheel with the missing cap?

Even if they are reps, you can modify the OEM caps to fit. I did this on my Storm A2

Cheers, funny you should say that about the centre caps, it's missing one and when I looked I haven't found the same style?

If they are rep caps I will get 4 OEM ones, I didn't inspect the wheels closely but I guess the are genuine?

There are copies of that wheel around (mainly because they are one of the nicest style of wheel, especially on a black A2) in my view.

One version has an obvious difference and that is because they have 10 wheel stud holes instead of 5 (because the fit Audis with a 112 OCD as well as those with a 100 ocd (as the A2 has)

But some copies have just the 5 stud holes rather than 10 (originals have 5 not 10)

It is not clear from the pictures but these COULD be copies, there is just something about the curves on he spokes, but hat could just be due to the wide angle lens on the camera?

If they are original wheels the part number for the right centre cap is 8D0 601 165 K and they can e expensive. Some of the copies also take the same original centre cap (8D0 601 165 K ).

Steve B

My RS4 reps on my old A2 Storm looked very much like the originals. The Italian made reps are very good.

I suspect you have the good reps as the spokes look slightly different to the OEM ones. I could be wrong though and as Steve mentions it could be the camera playing tricks.

Once you have gen caps on, no one will notice.

Yes they are not the multi fit wheels, it's hard to tell from this photo but appear genuine stamped wheels?

image.jpg

Look genuine?

image.jpg

I will replace all four if the other caps are reps, where is the best place to get them?

Hi, I kept looking at your car on AutoTrader as Im starting to want a black 1.6 sport myself. Beautiful car, I particularly like the upholstery. Unfortunately I've too many cars as is , and not enough drive space( plus my wife will kill me if I buy another car, having " surprised " her buy secretly buying back my A2 after I traded it in for the Jeep !! ). If I get round to buying a 1.6 sport it won't be to replace the Tdi, I just fancy trying a smoother petrol A2.

Yes it is, do you know it?

Yh I know it went to view it! Didn't test drive it I thought he was asking to much for it at the time as it needed a few bits which where do able but she didn't want spend that, u see chickens in the toilet lol

Yh I know it went to view it! Didn't test drive it I thought he was asking to much for it at the time as it needed a few bits which where do able but she didn't want spend that, u see chickens in the toilet lol

Yeah the chickens were walking around the yard. I only paid £2000 for it and have bought and sorted all the bits it needed including new lower boot floor, centre caps, air con buttons, just waiting for it to all arrive. He also had to put two new tyres on it to get the new MOT

She is booked in for a full service and health check next Wednesday by my VAG mechanic

Back