New A2 on order

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWMBO has finally made the decision and we have ordered another A2. It seeems that the quality feel, high driving position, and small size were more important than the draw of convertible motoring and higher speeds.

Went in to Stafford Audi on Monday morning (She doesn't like the attitude of the salesmen in Sutton Coldfield) and the place was crowded - three and a half hours later and having been through numerous possibilities, and numerous cups of coffee, the deal was done. I even managed to work out how to get cappucino out of their coffee machine!

We have ordered an ebony black 1.4 petrol SE with grey leather, grey interior, climate, open sky, heated seats and five spoke alloys, space saver spare, 3 year gap insurance and "scotchguard" protection.

Although they were crowded when we arrived it turned out that there were only two serious viewers, and the other couple were still there when we left. At one stage they offered us a black car which is in the pipeline but they wanted to retrofit the leather, we were doubtful of the quality being maintained and it did not have all the required options so went for a factory order.

Dealer was very helpful and checked lots of options on the system to see if there were cars in the pipeline and eventually we got there. We are just considering whether to take any of their finance (5.2% on offer in September from Audi). Car due around November.

They even provided directions to the nearest McDonalds.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO (1.4 Petrol SE, Ebony Black, grey leather, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys on order) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Congratulations Ian, nice spec. You did right holding out for the exact car you want.
You should be in your new A2 in 10 weeks, if not sooner. My car was factory ordered on April 19th, I took delivery on 20th June and my next car was ordered on 21st June, it arrived about 2 weeks ago but I'm collecting it on (Sun) 5th September.
5.2% seems competitive to me.

Shaf

1. Mar 2001 TDi 75 SE, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, winter pack.
2. Nov 2002 TDi 75 Sport, Silver,black/grey interior,climate.
3. Jun 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, wrong interior (black/black), climate, front fogs.
4. Sep 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, leather/alcantara, front fogs.

Objective achieved - it was her decision.

Having checked on Tesco/Northern Rock Audi are using the usual car dealer trick and quoting the rate, not the APR. NR with a 5.8%APR are cheaper than Audi's 5.2% so it cannot be the APR! Looks like Northern Rock again!

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO (1.4 Petrol SE, Ebony Black, grey leather, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys on order) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Good choice of colour & wheels Ian. Shame you won't have it in time for Castle Coombe otherwise we would have had matching cars - except the colour of the leather.

Don't drink drive! Not only is it socially unaceptable, it also harms A2's.
Was a Merlot Red 1.4SE petrol originally.
Now an Ebony Black 1.4SE petrol with Red Leather, CC, Symphony + all the previous options we had.

Congratulations Ian.
Well done.
Nice one!
Ezza

Sept 2001 registered A2 1.4 SE in Crystal Blue metallic, Open Sky Roof, Climate, 'Symphony' 6 CD radio & tape, Bose sound system, curtain airbags.

Ian, if you don't mind, how much did the GAP insurance cost you?

Shaf

1. Mar 2001 TDi 75 SE, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, winter pack.
2. Nov 2002 TDi 75 Sport, Silver,black/grey interior,climate.
3. Jun 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, wrong interior (black/black), climate, front fogs.
4. Sep 2004 TDi 90 Sport, Silver, black/grey interior, climate, leather/alcantara, front fogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back