NEW A2 on the way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dakos

Is there a new A2 on the way? Does anybody know when the current model might be replaced or retouched? The reason I'm asking is because I'm thinking of buying an A2. I wouldn't like to buy a car which is to be replaced soon. THANKS!

Hi Dakos and welcome to the forum.

The talk of a restyling or maybe even a new A2 are nothing more than rumors in my opinion. It's not unthinkable that Audi will change the motorization or maybe add or remove some options. But the A2 as a whole will not be restyled or changed by a new car. At least not for the next three or four years.
As an example we can take the A3, the A2's bigger and yet smaller brother. A new A3 is on the way and spyphoto's and official talk about the new A3 are on the internet for 1 or 2 years. We have heard many things about a restyled A2 but I'll only believe it when I see a real current spyphoto or pressrelease.

Good luck with your decision !

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Hi Dakos,
to my knowledge the current plans of the Audi boss are to not replace the A2 at all, but rather to phase it out by 2005. It has not been the financial success Audi was expecting and in fact at the moment they are loosing money on the A2, so it seems as if they have decided to not replace it!!

A2 1.4TDI Silver, CC, Blaupunkt Hamburg CD70, still fairly standard :(

in that case it might become a modern classsic! Hey come on it's at least a new millenium design compared to a lot of other stuff out there! Buy second hand nearly new and you'll save - get a diesel and you'll enjoy better economy for similar performance - the 1.4 TDI outperforms even the new 1.6 FSI in overtaking terms (30 to 70 in 3rd and 4th)

But for something different do what i did and import a 1.2 TDI from Europe! I'm still smiling with 75 +mpg with brilliant handling in the snow

Dakos,

Why not consider Paul's used car and save yourself a small fortune. His A2 has every extra in the book. From memory new cost was £21,000 and he might happily take &8,000.

Regards
John Disdale

Come come JDi surely he is not that desperate, he was offered £9500 from audi [8)], my A2 is on its way out also, cos i am just not satisfied with it, trying to think of a way to get rid of it without losing stupid money.

Factor - I am right. Paul was offered top whack of £7,500 by his dealer (min £6,000) - so as I say perhaps he would take £8000.

I have never known ANYONE be offered as much as £9,500 for an A2. Thats A8 money.

Regards
John Disdale

quote:Originally posted by McMuffin

Hi Dakos,
to my knowledge the current plans of the Audi boss are to not replace the A2 at all, but rather to phase it out by 2005. It has not been the financial success Audi was expecting and in fact at the moment they are loosing money on the A2, so it seems as if they have decided to not replace it!!

thanks Mc Muffin!!!!That's good news in a way as the A2 will become even more unique. But yoy never know if it will be phased out sometimes auto manufacturers stick with a model for strategic reasons as long as the losses are not unbearable.
quote:Originally posted by McMuffin

Hi Dakos,

BTW John, I wouldn't take £8k for my A2. I'm happy to keep it as a spare car. It's like new and will go on as long as I need it to.

Paul
1.4TDi, leather, Open Sky, BOSE, 6 CD, alu trim, cruise, DIS, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back