New A2 owner in Poland

mikec

Hello,

My name is Mike. We bought an A2 last October, after a long search through the offerings here in Poland, and quite a bit of travel. It is a 2001 production year, and from my understanding a 2002 model year grey exterior and beige interor 1.4 TDI (AMF engine, EWQ transmission) with now just over 100,000 miles (though the ECU and ODO match within ~10%, who knows if that's the real mileage); the fuel injectors were replaced two years ago). It seems to be quite a standard model, though it has Climatronic, and a leather steering wheel. We bought the car with two sets of wheels (a set of 16" 6-spoke alloy rims (?7J?x16) with 195x45R16 tires, and a set of 15" steel rims with 165x65R15 winter tires).

Unfortunately, the car had a large oil leak from around the engine cover (which has since been replaced with a new OEM part), and had to have the front shocks and springs replaced too (the new shocks are KYB Excel G). A scan revealed a few codes registered by the CCCU and the KLIMAVOLLAUTOMAT. There are few other problems on the to-do list as well, but I will leave those for some new threads.

We plan to keep the car for a long time. We already love it to bits. :)

I am very glad to have found this forum, which has already been helpful. It seems like a very friendly, knowledgeable, and active place!

Mike

Welcome !!!

It is good to hear that you are finding the forum helpful, we are all quite proud of it and the great atmosphere.

Looking forward to seeing many posts from you and some pictures too perhaps?

Steve B

Last edited:
Pozdrowienia od jednego Michala do drugiego!

I suspect that your English my be a lot better than, these days, my native Polish

:eek: :p

Back