New A2 owner in Somerset saying hi.

J1MMR

Having just paid the deposit on my car, I thought I'd jump on here and say hi. I'm picking it up next week after its been through the dealer's workshop.

The car is a 2005 (54) 90bhp 1.4tdi. I think it's an S-Line model as it has the badges, it is in immaculate condition bar a few scuffs on the alloys, has covered 80k miles with a full and comprehensive Audi history and i'm very excited about collecting it next week! I bought it from a Mercedes main dealer as a part-ex he'd taken against a new E-Class and I'm pretty chuffed with it :D He is replacing all the discs and pads and repairing the fuel filler release button which is broken, after which it will be pretty much perfect for its age. After some pretty serious haggling I managed to get it for a shade under £5k with the above work being done as part of the deal, which I figured is not too bad looking around at some of the others for sale on autotrader.

I'm thinking about having cruise control retrofitted, and possibly a remap in time, but for now i'm just looking forward to getting back into an Audi after a long break.....:cool:

Cheers

Jimmer

The car is a 2005 (54) 90bhp 1.4tdi. I think it's an S-Line model as it has the badges

Welcome. That's an excellent deal from a franchised dealer. For one of the latest TDi90's with FASH £5k is trade money really; you'd expect it to retail for nearer to £7k.

Its not an S line model though, these werent available through UK franchises; its more than likely to be the Sport (17" 9 spoke alloys and electric lumbar adjustment on the front seats?). The S line badges were probably added later as a cosmetic upgrade.

Yeah I did sort of suspect that the badges may be fake as the spec doesn't seem to align with the S-Line spec. Neither is it the sport model (16" 5 spoke alloys). However, it has the digital climate control so I suspect just a plain SE.

I am very pleased with the deal though, and there's a little left over for a subtle mod or two ;)

Welcome to the A2oc and soon to be A2ownership. It sounds like you have got a great example coming:)

It will proberly be a special edition as the rolled this out at the end of production. You may have a problem though if you only have a little left over for mods though:) because when the bug gets you it's hard to stop. I can highly recomend Stealth Racing for you remap. Vince there knows his stuff when it comes to remaps.

As for cruise our own Mike Skipton is the man to see for that. He is based in Manchester, but fits them at socials.

I have not even down your part of the world for a little while. I went to school near street.

Cheers

David

Well, I picked the car up this afternoon, and to say I am over the moon would be understating it somewhat! I have attached some pictures below and will let them do the talking.... (apologies if it doesn't work first time :eek:)

Attachments

• A2 Front.jpg
    A2 Front.jpg
    855.5 KB · Views: 236
  • A2 Rear.jpg
    A2 Rear.jpg
    911.1 KB · Views: 256
  • A2 Interior.jpg
    A2 Interior.jpg
    800.1 KB · Views: 245
Hi Jimmer,

Nice pictures and a nice car.

You have an SE model.....You should have a secondary boot floor as standard.

Congrats

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

Yeah I do indeed have the secondary boot floor. This is my first foray into A2 ownership so I'm still learning all about them, although I used to drive a mk1 TT. What has impressed me is the sheer quality of construction and materials with the A2, for such a small car it is superb. I intend to hold on to this one for a long time!

Back