New A2 owner (Petrolhead)

Joycey

Afternoon all,

I've owned my little A2 for nearly 6 months now and didn't realise they had such a following. Found you guys looking for some servicing tips. First some info on the car.

She's a bog standard 1.4 TDI (75) chosen for her fuel economy and returning a lovely 65mpg at the moment. Pano roof which is iffy, makes a clicking sound like a tooth is missing. Cloth interior with climate control. She's a little rough round the edges, the wheels need a refurb and the front bumper has a split but other than that she's tidy. I've covered 8,000 miles since I got her because I commute for work so now has a healthy 140,000 on the clock. The service history was missing so I bought on condition which looked very good when I looked around.

In all honesty I'm a very big petrol head and bond with my cars and found this little A2 so much fun to drive I really didn't expect it, My other mistress is a TVR Cerbera, I couldn't get anymore opposite with my cars. Here's a couple of pics:

IMG_2831.PNG
IMG_2832.PNG

Of course it would be rude not to show my Cerb
12049489_10153001801811571_7569154738588794266_n.jpg

I'm an Nuclear Engineer by day and mechanic by night, So I have a full workshop at home dedicated to restoring/repairing cars. keeps me out of trouble, So to make my life easier thought I would introduce myself and find out some inside info on these A2's as I'm about to give her a service.

Lee

Reactions: AJB
Hi,

WELCOME !!!!

It sounds like you will fit in here nicely.

Yes, we are quite passionate abotu the A2 on here and I think that it sounds like you can understand why.

Thanks for posting pictures too!

Hopefully you will get a lot from this friendly and informative forum.

Have a browse around, there is a LOT to read, try looking at the "How to" index section, I am sure you will find lots of useful info on there.

Please never hessitate to ask for help or info.

You are not too far from me and so if you ever need a diagnostic scan or similar, let me know (I don't charge for anything)

Steve B

Hmm just noticed that the flyer documet is no longer available. Any ideas where its gone mods?

Hmm just noticed that the flyer documet is no longer available. Any ideas where its gone mods?
We have lost all attachments from the earlier posts. But we are trying to retrieve them.

Ben may still have the original file hopefully.

Steve B

Last edited:
I don't think it would be too hard to make a new one but my computer skills are limited to paintshop :-(

Hi Alan,

Thanks for that, I have added the file back to the original thread just in case anyone comes across that thread.

Cheers
Steve B

Here's the flyer.

View attachment 22209

Right click and Save Link As

I always print onto card and then cut vertically into 5 double cards (not 10 cards). That way they can slide under the windscreen wiper and hopefuly stay put. Alternative have some blu-tak in the car and fix to the drivers window so they wont be missed.

I always put them into the window rubber on the b pillar, that way the driver will have to see it when they get in :)

Hi Lee, I had a Cerb a few years ago ( 4.5 with sports exhaust and 18" spiders ). Contrary to popular belief it was quite reliable ( unlike the *#%^% RS6 !), but didn't get under my skin like my A2. It was very loud, and I once made an elderly gentleman fall over as he was walking past when I started it up ( I feel ashamed now.......he waved his stick at me !!).This is by far the best forum I've ever been on, everyone is so helpful. I can recommend a Stealth remap, makes a world of difference.
Cheers Andy

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The Cerb is a great car, I do just that Andy. scare all the locals :)

When I stop tinkering with the TVR I might do some tidying up of the A2. I suspect it might already have been mapped in the past, just feels overly pokey under hard acceleration with a hint of torque steering.

Lee

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The Cerb is a great car, I do just that Andy. scare all the locals :)

When I stop tinkering with the TVR I might do some tidying up of the A2. I suspect it might already have been mapped in the past, just feels overly pokey under hard acceleration with a hint of torque steering.

Lee

It is very easy to be fooled by the torque of the A2 TDI into thinking that it might have been remapped.
The reason being that a standard 75 is very torquey anyway and feels a lot quicker than the quoted 12+ second 0 to 60.

I would bet that it hasn't been remapped and that it is just that you are experiencing the surprising performance of the TDI.

No easy way to tell if it has been remapped or not, unless you compare a remapped car against a non remapped car on a test drive.

Steve B

Back