Chat New A2 owner

DevonBloke

A2OC Donor
As a chuffed new owner of an A2 1.4TDi SE on an '05 plate, I was delighted to find such a great site. I have trawled the various forums and been inspired to get my car booked into Stealth to have a remap and cruise control fitted. I'll have to do any upgrades under my wifes' radar and maybe do some overtime to pay for them. Wanted an A2 when they were launched, but could'nt afford one!
Are there any other Club members in my neck of the woods? (Honiton, East Devon):cool:

Hi and welcome to the A2oc and A2ownership:) a remap and cruse are very usefull mods. But be careful though as once you have the modding bug, it can be hard to throw off lol it's always just one more:)

It's a nice part of the world down in Honiton. I lived in Lyme Regis for 20 years before moving up here to Cambridgeshire.

Cheers

David

Hi David
Lyme Regis always good in the summer, I know my good lady will keep a rein on my spending, but I know what you mean. Been thinking about suspension already due to bumpy ride around town on poorly surfaced roads.

Stealth are great for remaps. Welcome to the forum and Ownership oh yes and the modding bug lol.;). You should get yourself up to ADI at castle combe 13th October its a Saturday and you can meet alot of owners and see some mods for yourself (also if you come on your own) and you had a word with Mike (Skipton) you could get your cruise fitted at the event ;)

Phil

Hey Devonbloke,

I'm in Taunton, just over the hills from you. I too have just bought myself an A2 - a 54 reg 1.4 TDi. I am considering both the mods you have mentioned and i'd be really keen to see what your thoughts are on them when they're done.

Cruse control was the first mod I did (the start of the slippery slope:)) it's the most usefull mod I have done. It made my trip to the highlands this sumer a much more relaxing drive. Very usefull with all te averadge speed camras about now. Mike Skipton can fit this at socals for you.
Adi is coming up and not a million miles away from you at Castle Combe.

My remamp is also great, totally changed how the ar drives. Here is my thread on my remap.

http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?12292-Another-1st-class-job-from-stealth

I hope this gives you food for thought.

Cheers

David

Just a little note to anyone wanting cruise at Castle Combe - please let me know in advance as I'll have to order in the parts and make up the wiring looms. I don't bring kits with me, so get in touch if you'd like this doing.

Cheers,

Mike

Back