New A2 owner

Maso

Hello u all.

Since a month back i bought what i believe a bit of a rare A2.
1.4 Tdi 90hk, green that goes black in at night, full leather interior in beige with sportseats, heated seats, lower electric backsupport, OSS (glasroof with 2 sunroofs), PDC, removable towing hook etc.
Im the 4th owner in total including the first owner in Deutschland. As of today it has done 135.000km.
Questions adnd help i would like to have is the centerconsole for storage under the handbrake; where do one get these.
Armrest, where do one get these at best?
Onboard computer, is that possible to add aftermarket?

Will try to add pics here...
Aa 001.JPGIMG_1635.jpgIMG_1636.jpgIMG_1642.jpgIMG_1643.jpg
IMG_1630a.jpgIMG_1631a.jpgIMG_1632a.jpg

Welcome to the forum, looks a nice car!
Yes you can fit the centre tunnel storage console - order the part from Audi.
Armrests are also do-able, I believe there are a couple of threads on here at the moment about suppliers - one in Germany I think.
Onboard computer in the dashboard is also possible (have done it myself this year) but you'll first need to source a compatible 2nd hand instrument cluster - that's the tricky bit, plus then some re-programming of the immobiliser, and then of course the odometer will not be reading the same as what your car has, so that'll need adjusting...

Hi Maso,

That is indeed a very nice A2 you've got. I love the colour.
It is of very nice spec; heated leather, cruise control, OpenSky, climate control, Bose, etc. Note, however, that the seats are not Sport seats. All Sport seats have electric lumbar support, but you've got standard seats with electric lumbar support as an added extra. This is a very, very rare option.

Enjoy your car!

Tom

Another welcome from me and compliments on a beautiful looking A2. As posted already and you are aware, this is a very rare car. The beige leather SE seats with heating and lumbar support, plus the factory phone prep really set it apart from the rest. All very rare options indeed.

Thank you Dan.

Great info, but the onboard computer sounded like some proper work to get it all done. Will see what i can but it seems like it will be left alone for a while ;)

Cheers mate!
Ah so i learned something new there, no sport seats but a very rare odd option.

I sure will enjoy it.

Thank you!
Yeah i "some" ;) clues that it was a well equipped and rare model with engine and all. SE=? Special Edition? I like great enthusiasm you guys have here over these A2, and for each day as i own this car i understand you. The factory phone prep i went yday actually to the Audi dealer to see what i can do with it for my Iphone 4. Found out its only charging and it doesnt at all communicate with the stereo. Plus that the Audi dealer wanted 170euros for a Iphone docking station that would work with this prep. Did not at all interest me so I will take it away, looks extra ugly if its not gonna be used.
I am looking for a DENSION system to connect with my Concert II stereo so I can play spotify through BLUETOOTH.
If you guys have any other ideas when it comes to using my Iphone with the stere pls tell.
What else do you guys posses as info bout this car that i might not know?

SE=? Special Edition?

In the UK, your car would be an SE. SE = Special Equipment. In central Europe, cars were specified differently, but I know little about spec level outside the UK.
During the last year of the A2's production, all A2s sold in the UK were called 'Special Edition', but they were actualy fairly basic with low spec. It's a little confusing at times, but don't confuse 'SE' and 'Special Edition'.

Tom

That does look a lovely A2 with some v nice extras! Interesting that the beige interior is teamed with the black dash/steering wheel/gear stick? Think beige interior cars in the uk always have the grey/brown dash and wheel etc. Always wondered what it might look like this way around, I like it! Thanks for the pics Maso, enjoy your A2

David

Hey David, i've seen the beige ones with brown dashboard, really nasty looking one, this combo with black dash i like as well so much better!!
Thank u, i sure will!

Thank you!
Yeah i "some" ;) clues that it was a well equipped and rare model with engine and all. SE=? Special Edition? I like great enthusiasm you guys have here over these A2, and for each day as i own this car i understand you. The factory phone prep i went yday actually to the Audi dealer to see what i can do with it for my Iphone 4. Found out its only charging and it doesnt at all communicate with the stereo. Plus that the Audi dealer wanted 170euros for a Iphone docking station that would work with this prep. Did not at all interest me so I will take it away, looks extra ugly if its not gonna be used.
I am looking for a DENSION system to connect with my Concert II stereo so I can play spotify through BLUETOOTH.
If you guys have any other ideas when it comes to using my Iphone with the stere pls tell.

The other alternative is the xcarlink kit

I have one and it works well as you still retain the ability to use the cd changer when you want to.

J

Hey David, i've seen the beige ones with brown dashboard, really nasty looking one, this combo with black dash i like as well so much better!!
Thank u, i sure will!

I had also noted the colour combination of your interior. This wasn't available in the UK, though I had wondered on a few occasions what it might look like.

Thank u, i sure will!

Steady on! I have the beige with the grey/brown interior in my A2! Have always liked it although the exterior colour has to be right too. The original UK brochure for the A2 featured this heavily and I was always taken with it.

Anyway the black dash top does look good...think the holy grail of A2 interior colour combos is still the ultra rare 'yellow' or tan leather with the black dash top.

Steady on! I have the beige with the grey/brown interior in my A2! Have always liked it although the exterior colour has to be right too. The original UK brochure for the A2 featured this heavily and I was always taken with it.

Anyway the black dash top does look good...think the holy grail of A2 interior colour combos is still the ultra rare 'yellow' or tan leather with the black dash top.

I agree, nothing wrong with the light beige/dark beige combination in my eyes and it is actually the classiest interior when matched to the right exterior colour.

Colour's a funny thing and obviously all comes down to personal taste, what looks great to one looks terrible to another. To each their own i say.

Last edited:
The other alternative is the xcarlink kit

I have one and it works well as you still retain the ability to use the cd changer when you want to.

J

Okey but I have no cd changer now tho. Will google xcarlink out n see mire info on it.

I agree, nothing wrong with the light beige/dark beige combination in my eyes and it is actually the classiest interior when matched to the right exterior colour.

Colour's a funny thing and obviously all comes down to personal taste, what looks great to one looks terrible to another. To each their own i say.

It not a single person to judge. Its all in the eye of the beholder. In sweden we have a saying;
"Taste is like ass, splitted/not shared" meaning there is always two sides to the taste, none is never right or the same.

Back