new arm rest nearly fitted

scott

A2OC Donor
I got an arm rest for xmas that i wanted of ebay, quality isnt to bad and im very happy with it for the price. bit of a pig to fit but gives me something to do and always like fiddling with my car :) here are the pictures so far, just got to cut a bit out or the bracket tomorrow at work so i can engage the hand break without it hitting it! then put it all back together.....

light led 005.jpg
light led 006.jpg

probably could have done it without taking so much apart but probably made it easier this way, ill put the finished pick on tomorrow

arm rest 001.jpg
had to cut a bit of the bracket out for the hand break and power socket
arm rest 002.jpg
finished and happy. so much nicer to drive with the arm rest, done 160 miles the night i fitted it and is so nice to have :)

I wasn't to happy with how I fitted my armrest so today I redone it, I cut neat slits into the center console and slid the brackets up through the slits then riveted the bracket to it and sealed the slits so it doesn't collect dirt in the slit. I think it looks better, a bit more original-ish looking rather than just bolted on. So just thought id share the pics for ideas for others

arm rest 206.jpg
arm rest 205.jpg

I wasn't to happy with how I fitted my armrest so today I redone it, I cut neat slits into the center console and slid the brackets up through the slits then riveted the bracket to it and sealed the slits so it doesn't collect dirt in the slit. I think it looks better, a bit more original-ish looking rather than just bolted on. So just thought id share the pics for ideas for others

View attachment 8779
View attachment 8780

View attachment 8779
View attachment 8780

Looks really nice! So nice that I've ordered one for my self, the same modell as you have. Promise to post pictures from the mounting process and the finished result.

Yes, I've enjoyed the use of an armrest for many years in my Mercedes .... I wonder if you, or any other A2OC member, could answer these two questions, please? (1) An armrest version that is secured to the side of the seat and hinges upwards? and, (2), A version available in a light-grey leather?. Oh, who was the supplier of your particular armrest, Please?

Is that a light grey colour and is it leather? That would then be just what I'd like in my A2! Yes, your offer of a guide as to how to do this mod would be much appreciated! Supplier, cost, please?
Thanks, David

Is that a light grey colour and is it leather? That would then be just what I'd like in my A2! Yes, your offer of a guide as to how to do this mod would be much appreciated! Supplier, cost, please?
Thanks, David
I will then make a guide of how to install it (don't have a complete set of pictures but it's not rocket science) with costs, suppliers, links to where you can purchase it and so on.
Btw, the total cost for the armrest, in place, was 22£ and some frustration ;)

Wow, that is VERY reasonable! I asked about the colour and material? Light grey/ leather? It LOOKS leather, but for 22 Euros? Is it robust in its mounting? The very best designs are mounted onto the seat itself, and hinge upwards. They are 100-150+ Euros, though ... Hey, thanks for giving us your help and input!

Wow, that is VERY reasonable! I asked about the colour and material? Light grey/ leather? It LOOKS leather, but for 22 Euros? Is it robust in its mounting? The very best designs are mounted onto the seat itself, and hinge upwards. They are 100-150+ Euros, though ... Hey, thanks for giving us your help and input!

The color is a grey/"blackish" -color. The box said black, though I'd say that it leans more to the grey spectrum. Hopefully I can take some better photos later this evening with my camera (these are from my Galaxy S2).
About the material, it's some sort of leather imitation, though it feels and looks like the real deal.

"Is it robust?"
Oh yes, you mount two metall plates into the central console and then attach the "top part" to these. Leaning a large portion of your body wheight against it is possible (I'm about 90kgs and did not brake it).
So does it give you a high quality feeling? Having the price in mind, yes.

And this one can be hinged upwards (90 degrees) so that you easily can reach the parking brake and the 12v outlet.

Time to install (having no clue on how to extract the central console from the car prior to this operation) - roughly 3-4hours.

Much more info, pictures and "how to" in the guide (which will be finished some time this week).
And for those who just can't wait, here's the link to the product: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Armrest-Centre-Console-AUDI-80-100-200-A2-A3-A4-A6-/250875448569?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a69578cf9

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! Just bought one, can't go too far wrong for that price :) Look forward to receiving and also seeing your guide :)

Cheers Rob.

Thanks for the link! Just bought one, can't go too far wrong for that price :) Look forward to receiving and also seeing your guide :)

Cheers Rob.

It took 7 days from Bulgaria to Sweden, so that you have some point of reference for the expected delivery :)
As I will be installing my new TT-seats this saturday I'll take some extra pictures on the armrest mounts and hopefully have a guide up buy sunday.

Btw, you'll need a metall cutter of some sort, drilling machine, wood drill (around 6mm depending on your jigsaw blade), jigsaw, wood rasp, Torx T25, Torx T30, bits to spanner adapter and a ratchet spanner.
More info in the guide ;)

It took 7 days from Bulgaria to Sweden, so that you have some point of reference for the expected delivery :)
As I will be installing my new TT-seats this saturday I'll take some extra pictures on the armrest mounts and hopefully have a guide up buy sunday.

Btw, you'll need a metall cutter of some sort, drilling machine, wood drill (around 6mm depending on your jigsaw blade), jigsaw, wood rasp, Torx T25, Torx T30, bits to spanner adapter and a ratchet spanner.
More info in the guide ;)

Thanks for the info, tools shouldn't be a problem :)

Cheers Rob.

Back