New arrival

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiner

Just got back from Bath where we picked up our new (ex-demo) A2 TDI SE. We went down yesterday on the train and stayed overnight to give us some time to look around Bath etc. and then picked up the car this morning.

The dealer left the headlamp protectors and rubber mats on/in the car which was good of them. Initial impressions of the drive back were very good, certainly more comfortable than our other car for a drive like that (which wouldn't be too difficult as it's a Lotus Elise !) The only problem was that I couldn't quite get the head restraint into a comfortable position - I wanted to move it forward more to support my head - is there an adjustment for this that anyone knows about ?

We averaged 51 MPG on the journey back with Climate set to economy mode, but the car has only done 2400 miles so hopefully this will improve.

Anyway, here's a couple of hastily taken pictures (in case you've never seen an A2 before :)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/phines/images/A2/Crystal2.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/phines/images/A2/Crystal3.jpg

Shiner,

Scary but it's just like looking at mine when I got it, Only yours looks much cleaner:)

As for the headrests they are set back a bit far for me also. Been playing around and I can't see a way of moving them in to a decent position. I think we are stuck as is.

2001 1.4 TDI SE, Crystal Blue, Open Sky, Climate Control, El.Rear Windows, H&R -2" suspension, 17" five spoke Canonica alloys, Alpine CD/MP3 & Genesis Components & Amps, Focal Sub all custom fitted.

Shiner,

Your car looks very nice, and from the sound of things it really was a day out collecting it. I was interested in your comment about being supplied with headlamp protectors, because I never knew such items existed for the A2. For the record apparently scores of Golf drivers end up with smashed headlights, however I cannot recall any A2 owners suffering from this. In fact in 12 months I never incurred even a slight chip out of the lens.

Its true that your 51mpg average was not greatly impressive, but it is a fact that for some strange reason not everyone seems to enjoy consumption like say 65mpg. I agree that with only 2400 miles on the clock the engine could be tight (especially if it has only been slowly driven as a demo car), but purely as a point of interest I have only done 700 miles in my Golf and I am only 2mpg away from the manufacturers specified maximum (of 62mpg), and that’s with the climate control blowing away.

Anyway, happy motoring, and I trust you will be putting your name down to attend the A2OC social meeting – so get shining Shiner.:D

Regards
John Disdale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back