NEW Audi A2 on sale when?

lucy

Hi,

Apologies if I've missed an existing thread about this.

Firstly, can anyone confirm that the new A2 is not just electric; a petrol and diesel version will be available?

Also, will it be available in 2012 or 2013?

Bye for now.

From what I've read and seen, the New A2 is very much still a concept idea. You have to remember that Audi didn't do so well with the first iteration of the A2 in respect to sales, which is why a "replacement" never happened; sales didn't warrant making another - no matter how well the car was respected/received by those who did buy them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the new A2 did come out with petrol & diesel motors as that would be a way of Audi (likely) making more sales from the expense of making a new body shell but initially they said it was going to be their electric car. This is partly marketing and partly truth. They have made an electric concept but that's not to say that the chassis was purpose designed for only electric power, and as it shares parts with the A1, it's likely that it would be quite easy to fit conventional power units. Anyway, best to wait and see, but as far as I know it won't be out for a while yet and no official announcements have been made. If the concept car exists, that is no indication that a production ready vehicle is going to be out soon; it's a LONG road to develop a car, especially something new to Audi - an electric car. I'd be surprised if it was ready anytime before the end of 2013.

Back