NEW Audi A2 Owner Farewell Audi 80

drewroberts

A2OC Donor
Hi All,
I have done it. I now own a 53 (02/01/2004) reg Audi A2 1.4 TDi 90 Sport. 97000 miles done. 3 owners. Enhanced HPI checked, no record of any accidents, claims, outstanding finance or theft. MOT's all check out nicely. It is genuine and straight. I picked it up from Bristol on Tuesday, and have been far too busy driving it and getting to know it a little to post on here until now.

I am fortunate that it has the following extras. Grey/Black Leather/Alcantara, Symphony II (Double Din), Bose, Bench Seat and Front Fogs.
It is so much better than the old Audi 80 1.9 TDi (90ps) that it replaces. Lighter, faster, more economical and much cheaper to tax, i am going to save myself hundreds of pounds a year. I am already looking around for all the best upgrades for her. I can feel cruise control, RNS-e and some of the other more tasteful mods that i have seen you guys doing on here, that can be done to an A2. Looking forward to many happy years of A2 ownership.
See you at AITP.
All the best.
Drew.

Amazing Unrivalled Desirable Irreplaceable.

Attachments

• FrontFull.jpg
    FrontFull.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 304
  • DD.jpg
    DD.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 304
  • dash.jpg
    dash.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 308
  • NearSide.jpg
    NearSide.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 284
  • OffSide.jpg
    OffSide.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 300
  • RedI.jpg
    RedI.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 291
  • Steer.jpg
    Steer.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 276
  • Bose.jpg
    Bose.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
Welcome, looks like you have bought a nice car, pictures please??

The membership seems to be growing nicely and it is already one of the best forums around, so you will find it a very useful source of information and interesting stories!!!

Steve B

Amazing Unrivalled Desirable Irreplaceable Awesome 2 (too)

Last edited:
I am well jealous. I saw that one and thought. If only.... Pictures are mandatory BTW. And also what was the dealer like? He does seem to get some good cars in.

Nice couple of blokes down there. Had a few other A2's in the garage either being sold or in a state of readiness to be sold. I definately got the pick of the bunch. I was the first to phone them, the first to view it and then it was a very easy decision to put down a deposit there and then after all the sensible checks had been done. They didn't know as much about the differences in the models as i thought they would have. I taught them a few things :). Been smiling all week. Can't help it. :)

Hi welcome. I think its the one I placed in the spotted forum. Looked to be a lovely spec car.

Did he give any indication how he manages to find so many nice a2 diesels to sell? He always seems to have a few.

Hi welcome. I think its the one I placed in the spotted forum. Looked to be a lovely spec car.

Did he give any indication how he manages to find so many nice a2 diesels to sell? He always seems to have a few.

Yes I believe Steve that's the one you put up on 1 for the TDIs(good spot)

And congrats to the new owner:cool:

Welcome. What I like most about your car is the silver colour-coded lower trim panels. Normally those are black. They look great - really suits the car.
Amused by the inherent contradiction in your post "this car will save me loads of money" vs. "I can feel lots of mods coming on" :)

Enjoy - the A2s are great little cars!

I did ask them the same question.... Where do you get so many A2's as i was looking everywhere for one with my spec wishlist, even scouring the auction websites in the hope of finding a nice one. They told me that they had many contacts in the trade or auction fields that let them know when any A2's or Polo's or Lupos etc are available countrywide and they get offered them. The one i got came down to them from Peterborough apparently.

I did ask them the same question.... Where do you get so many A2's as i was looking everywhere for one with my spec wishlist, even scouring the auction websites in the hope of finding a nice one. They told me that they had many contacts in the trade or auction fields that let them know when any A2's or Polo's or Lupos etc are available countrywide and they get offered them. The one i got came down to them from Peterborough apparently.

Thanks for that. I thought as much.

Compared to the old Audi 80 which is £240 a year to tax and only 45-50 mpg. I will save hundreds, so can afford to upgrade a few things here and there. Going to keep this A2 for years. Cruise control is the first retro fit i will do. Then up to the boys at AmD, just up the road from me in Thurrock. Then maybe some other tinkling. Open to any and all suggestions. Wondering if a Sport model can have extra boot floor and collapsible spare???

Last edited:
Hello Drew, nice motor, I`m round the corner from you in Chadwell Heath running a silver 1.4 petrol, sport on a 03 plate... see you out there bro,..

John..

Hello Drew, nice motor, I`m round the corner from you in Chadwell Heath running a silver 1.4 petrol, sport on a 03 plate... see you out there bro,..

John..

Hi John, Thanks will keep an eye out for you and your silver dream machine :) drive safe with all the pot holes we have around.

Great car! Being Bristol based and looking i think i would have been after the same car. Instead I have just had a 600 mile round trip to Newcastle to get mine! I see you're thinking about fitting cruise. Thought you'd like to know that A2cars based in Milton Keynes and on this forum are offering to fit for £99 if booked in before the end of June (work doesn't need to be done until end of July). Have only seen good things said about them on here, so am getting mine done ASAP too.

Compared to the old Audi 80 which is £240 a year to tax and only 45-50 mpg. I will save hundreds, so can afford to upgrade a few things here and there. Going to keep this A2 for years. Cruise control is the first retro fit i will do. Then up to the boys at AmD, just up the road from me in Thurrock. Then maybe some other tinkling. Open to any and all suggestions. Wondering if a Sport model can have extra boot floor and collapsible spare???

Yes It can.

Great car! Being Bristol based and looking i think i would have been after the same car. Instead I have just had a 600 mile round trip to Newcastle to get mine! I see you're thinking about fitting cruise. Thought you'd like to know that A2cars based in Milton Keynes and on this forum are offering to fit for £99 if booked in before the end of June (work doesn't need to be done until end of July). Have only seen good things said about them on here, so am getting mine done ASAP too.

Yes, i will be taking them up on that amazing offer. Even if cruise was added as an extra at point of sale it cost £298 inc VAT. So A2 Cars offer is an amazing bargain. I am just waiting for the inevitable stampede to end first. In the meantime, when you get yours done a report/review would be much appreciated.

Back