Chat New guy alert

Hi guys. I bought a A2 1.4 tdi Se 75hp yesterday for my wife. It's to replace my A6 avant 1.8T. It's a shame to see it go but it's time to downsize and try and save a few pennies. It's got 100,000 miles on it and had lots of very expensive receipts from Audi showing that's it's been looked after. I brought it home from Romford to Huddersfield yesterday and was astounded at the 70mpg I got from it on the 230 mile trip. Brilliant. I fully valeted it and cleaned it today. I also had a really good poke around under the bonnet and was very chuffed to find a new belt and engine mounts. I am thinking of having it remapped to 90hp but that's later down the line. I did have a good read on these forums before I bought it and I'm looking forward to speaking to you all and stealing some of your advice and tips.

Adam.

Hi Adam and welcome to THE best owners club on the Web.
Before any one else does suggest it, pictures of your A2 with your introduction are almost compulsory :cool:
May you have many happy days in the future, discovering more and more about the "years ahead of its time" A2 technology and design.
Like all Audi's (if well maintained) they seem to go on for ever. I also have downgraded from an Audi 80 2.6 V6 petrol (150ps) but I certainly don't miss its thirstyness, such is the driving experience that my little A2 (90ps) gives me its probably a better power to weight ratio than the Audi 80 and a whole lot more torque, and as good a time 0-60. Anyway I'm sure your wife won't be disappointed.
All the best to you three,
Drew

Thanks drew. It's a brilliant little thing so far. Stupid question how do I post a picture.do I do it as an attachment or click the picture icon on the toolbar. Neither are playing ball.

Last edited:
dc3780b4544d10d7ae75734c92cc4868.jpg

Just installed Tapatalk. Seems to work. Here's a question. My panoramic roof switch does nothing when you press it. I get the feeling the fuse has been pulled because it dosent work. Are they a pretty easy thing to sort?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi.

Yes, Tapatalk is easy if you are using the mobile phone with the pictures on it, well done!
Nice A2 - Special Edition 2005?

Steve B

Hi.

Yes, Tapatalk is easy if you are using the mobile phone with the pictures on it, well done!
Nice A2 - Special Edition 2005?

Steve B
Hi Steve. Are you the guy with the out of this world white A2. If you are I'm sorry but I have perved at it for a while. It's awesome.

Hi Steve. Are you the guy with the out of this world white A2. If you are I'm sorry but I have perved at it for a while. It's awesome.

Guilty as charged (me)

Thank you for appreciating it!

Steve B

Much has been written about the open sky system Adam and there are many threads. It has been said that a "broken sky" is better than "no sky"..... here is one to read.
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?10728-An-OpenSky-is-reborn!

Cheers
Dave:)
I think I read all of the posts on it before I bought the car and I was hoping it wouldn't have one. I very reluctantly pressed the button with one eye open today to see what would happen lol. Nothing happened, so like you say I think I'll leave it alone. It's better to have a non leaking roof after all. It's a shame though.

Guilty as charged (me)

Thank you for appreciating it!

Steve B
It's a credit to you. It's nice to meet someone that has done something out off the ordinary with their car. My other car is a smart forget that I have sent upwards of £10,000 on making it ridiculously quick. It's currently 145 hp but I want it at 175 when I've finished. Like you said in one of your posts I've read somewhere, you know you will never get your money back but it's great fun doing it!!

Your car looks really nice... possibly a final "special Edition" run out model. Its quite unusual to see one of these with the open sky option.

Your car looks really nice... possibly a final "special Edition" run out model. Its quite unusual to see one of these with the open sky option.
I literally know nothing about it but I know they are cheap to run, very economical, reliable and great fun to drive. It has the usual "supermarket scratches"but I have a friend who can sort it. The lower side skirts have seen better days though so I would like to replace them. Is it better to get bits from the main dealer?

It's a credit to you. It's nice to meet someone that has done something out off the ordinary with their car. My other car is a smart forget that I have sent upwards of £10,000 on making it ridiculously quick. It's currently 145 hp but I want it at 175 when I've finished. Like you said in one of your posts I've read somewhere, you know you will never get your money back but it's great fun doing it!!

Hi,

Thank you for that.

Coincidentally I was a huge Smart fan before discovering A2s.

I had several over the years finishing up with a lovely RCR (number 5 of 50)

Looks like we have similar taste!

Steve B

RCR1.jpgDSCF0669.JPG

I never had a roadster. I'm in a few smart clubs and we have loads of roadies. Yours was a nice looker though!!

If I never got an A2 I was going to get a roadster brabus coupe. It is the only car I know everything about and never had (driven one though). Got 3 smarts in the family a13 plate 451 petrol, and two first gen forfour CDI's. Great looking cars guys. I bet at a low numbrred RCR was a pretty penny, Steve !

Euan

Sent from my iRULU_V3 using Tapatalk

Back