New Jack

Little Dog

A2OC Donor
European-Union
I occasionally have problems getting a jack and rubber pad under the A2 but that isn't the reason I bought a new jack. Little Dog is getting a new engine but I need my lockup clear and that has in it a broken sports car. I just can't get anything under it so can't fix it, so can' get it out, so can't get the A2 in there. Solution:

IMG_0894.JPG

The reason I'm posting it is the price, £100 delivered direct from SGS. I think that is a good price for anybody struggling to lift low cars. Never again will struggle to lift the A2 :).

Last edited:
Evening all,

Finally pulled the trigger on my next trolley jack:

IMG_8578.jpeg

IMG_8579.jpeg

IMG_8580.jpeg

IMG_8581.jpeg

IMG_8575.jpeg

IMG_8577.jpeg

Why wouldn’t I go for orange, haha.

Should be here in a few days which will save having to use the supplied jack to get my non-low profile Halfords jack under the Azure Blue A2s sills (sport suspension) let alone the Votex kit on the Jaipur Red A2. 73mm is quite a low saddle height.

Kind regards.

Tom.

Last edited:
Evening all,

Finally pulled the trigger on my next trolley jack:

View attachment 117488

View attachment 117489

View attachment 117490

View attachment 117491

View attachment 117487

View attachment 117486

Why wouldn’t I go for orange, haha.

Should be here in a few days which will save having to use the supplied jack to get my non-low profile Halfords jack under the Azure Blue A2s sills (sport suspension) let alone the Votex kit on the Jaipur Red A2. 73mm is quite a low saddle height.

Kind regards.

Tom.
I didn’t list the downsides of a jack like that. Just wait until you have to lift it. It’s a bit of a hand full.
My new addition is currently residing in the downstairs loo while I work out how to wrestle it to my lockup.
Edit:
IMG_0890.jpeg

Last edited:
Jacking up,in a toilet! Looks dodgy!
I’ve just bought this exact jack at Christmas, it’s excellent, but as you say it is very heavy!!
there’s an equivalent in aluminium which wore lovely, but not £400 lovely 😨

I didn’t list the downsides of a jack like that. Just wait until you have to lift it. It’s a bit of a hand full.
My new addition is currently residing in the downstairs loo while I work out how to wrestle it to my lockup.
Edit:
View attachment 117496

That is quite the serious toilet tool you have there! 😄
I have a hydraulic bottle jack. For the A2 and my sidecar motorcycle it works perfectly fine, and it's small enough that I can take it with me.
Can't go as high as a jack like yours though.
1704870972545.png

That is quite the serious toilet tool you have there! 😄
I have a hydraulic bottle jack. For the A2 and my sidecar motorcycle it works perfectly fine, and it's small enough that I can take it with me.
Can't go as high as a jack like yours though.
View attachment 117525
The new jack has quite a job to do. The only way to get stands under the front of my Porsche is to lift the rear immediately in front of the engine high enough so a stand can be inserted under the jacking point at the front. My regular Halfords 2.0T jack will not even go under unless I park the car on ramps first. I was a bit stuck because there is no space for ramps at my lockup.
I posted the details because I thought the price was too good to miss.

The new jack has quite a job to do. The only way to get stands under the front of my Porsche is to lift the rear immediately in front of the engine high enough so a stand can be inserted under the jacking point at the front. My regular Halfords 2.0T jack will not even go under unless I park the car on ramps first. I was a bit stuck because there is no space for ramps at my lockup.
I posted the details because I thought the price was too good to miss.

Oh I didn't realise this was for a Porsche! Thought it was for your A2 hah.
Good luck installing the new engine. :)

Oh I didn't realise this was for a Porsche! Thought it was for your A2 hah.
Good luck installing the new engine. :)
It will get used for the A2. I had to park the A2 over low spots on the drive to get a jack and a rubber pad under.
The new jack will lift the A2 on any solid surface.

Of course the free solution is to simply lift up the A2 and put it on the jack stands.
It's super light, right? ;)

Back