New Life with my A2

Remenutter

To start off with, hello to all on here. New to the site and the A2 and so far enjoying it.
Been a VW/Audi nut for years and always fancied giving the A2 a go so here I am, previous car was my beloved Corrado VR6 until a lovely little French car decided to re-modify it using it's front end.

Anyway, 'Bab's' as I've named her (and yes they are always girls) has impressed me over the last month that I've had her. There's a few little problems that need attention but overall she's pretty decent.
know that these forums can be very useful when it comes to advice and tips and look forward to gaining info and chatting with you guys. Regards.

To start off with, hello to all on here. New to the site and the A2 and so far enjoying it.
Been a VW/Audi nut for years and always fancied giving the A2 a go so here I am, previous car was my beloved Corrado VR6 until a lovely little French car decided to re-modify it using it's front end.

Anyway, 'Bab's' as I've named her (and yes they are always girls) has impressed me over the last month that I've had her. There's a few little problems that need attention but overall she's pretty decent.
know that these forums can be very useful when it comes to advice and tips and look forward to gaining info and chatting with you guys. Regards.

Welcome to this great forum and you won't go wrong with your new life/fancy. :)

The fact that you have A2 cars ltd aka Tony/Hotstuff up the road from you is great. I'm sure people on this forum would live to be in close proximity to A2 Cars ltd..lol:p

All the best with "Babs" and hope she gives you plenty of happy miles....

Hi and welcome.
What A2 do you have?
My all time fave car was my Jabbasport'ed G60 Corrado! never owned a car so long (7yrs) though the A2 may get there!!! only 1yr in.
its got the same special feel, the same inflated prices when new and the same temptation to mod! be warned!!!
Enjoy, Regards Lee.

Hi Lee and thanks for the welcome

I've got the 1.6 FSI SE, can see the temptation to mod but going to keep it standard for the time being. My Rado was 100% original except the stainless steel exhaust, everything worked on her. I had even got to the stage of buying and stripping a donor car for spare parts. The A2 and the Rado do have a special feel about them, something different and not seen every time you get on the road. How's your first year been then? I've decided to investigate things on the mechanical side first before I look at cosmetic, there's a few knocks and the fact it sounds like a diesel for the first few seconds on start up might need addressing.

Rest assured that sound on start up is nothing to worry about. As many a car salesman has said "they all do that sir" in this case they all do. Welcome to A2oc. Cheers mike

Thanks Mike, was going to go down the route of checking the oil grade and giving it a good service. Happy days! ta

Back