New London 1.6 Owner

Frambo

Hello all,

Been lurking around here for about a year now but can see myself wanting to get more involved in my car in the future so have decided to take the plunge and join the club!

At the moment got a fully stock 1.6 FSI SE but in the future am looking at the addition of some A2OC badges, daytime running lamps (I realise these aren't easy!) and am thinking about remapping with stealth. On that note, is it possible to / has anyone remapped a 1.6?

Cheers

Hi Frambo, welcome to the A2oc.

Stealth can do a remap but for non-turbo engines the gain is minimal. On your FSi I think you would be lucky to get an extra 10 bhp, which is not a lot for around £250 - £300

Cheers Spike

Welcome!
Where in London are you, it's a big place, but there's quite a few of us A2 owners in the Old Smoke!

Mods already - well, DRLs are entirely possible and several on here have done it with the "full OEM" look but it takes a bit of effort. If you want to do it, do it right as they say.

Remapping a small, normally aspirated, petrol engine will not really gain you much. I think someone did it once, but it caused problems so reverted to stock. If you want your A2 to go faster, it's probably better to invest in improving the suspension so it's quicker over the bumpy stuff and in bends. Consider mods like Koni FSD shocks and a Whiteline Rear Anti-roll bar, and then do some track day driving to learn your car's behaviour and improve your driving skills.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Looks like remapping is pretty pointless in that case though a whiteline rear anti-roll bar is a possibility as I do notice the body roll in corners quite a lot.

Dan_b I'm in Wimbledon so not too far from you!

Back