New member - Happy New Year

snozzuk

Happy New year everyone. I'm a new member - just joined last week - and am seriously looking at the A2 as a second car. We have a Mitsubishi Delica which is great for camping and currently have a Mitsubishi Colt CZC. ( hard top convertible). The two kids, age 11 and 8 are now too big for the colt and the A2 is looking like a decent car to replace it with. The only other car we are considering is a citroen Berlingo . One of the things the citroen has is part and maintenance cost - i imagine the A2 to me more costly. Are parts readily available seeing as it is no longer in production?
The plus side for the A2 is the mpg, low tax, audi build quality and the panoramic roof!

Off to test drive a couple this week after I've had a read through the buyers guides on this site.

Cheers for now
Snozz

Welcome to A2OC and best wishes for 2014.

There isn't any likelihood of routine parts being difficult to come by yet. Some less common things like trim and accessories are discontinued, and more often than not anything 'non routine' you want to buy from the parts counter needs to be ordered in as they aren't kept in stock. Those parts required for servicing and consumables, they remain readily available so I wouldn't be concerned on that front.

I'd reckon only 10 - 15% of A2's have the panoramic roof. ( Empirical not firm evidence) It is very sought after by those seeking an A2, however they are prone to failure ( search on the term 'opensky' in titles only, and there is a sticky thread on the subject too).
For many enthusiasts it is a 'must have' option, and if you can find one with Opensky which is under 10 years old there is a warranty replacement on the roof mechanism available. With time marching ever forward this will only be available for another 18 months or so before all UK registered A2's become too old to qualify. There is also only one UK dealer which we know of who will complete the warranty repair. (Worthing Audi)

Don't let that deter you though, there are many owners who are quite happy with the fixed panoramic roof if the mechanism is broken (commonly dubbed on here as 'brokensly' or like myself, I'd have liked this option but settled for a tin top instead; having bought on condition and history as opposed to the option checklist; and I've added most of the goodies I wanted over the years.

Retro-fitting options is somewhat of an obsession for many A2OC addicts!

Good luck with your search, I hope you opt for an A2 over a Berlingo (dreadfully biased of course) and if you need any help or have any questions there is always someone to assist on this friendly forum.

Last edited:
Welcome to A2OC and best wishes for 2014.

There isn't any likelihood of routine parts being difficult to come by yet. Some less common things like trim and accessories are discontinued, and more often than not anything 'non routine' you want to buy from the parts counter needs to be ordered in as they aren't kept in stock. Those parts required for servicing and consumables, they remain readily available so I wouldn't be concerned on that front.

I'd reckon only 10 - 15% of A2's have the panoramic roof. ( Empirical not firm evidence) It is very sought after by those seeking an A2, however they are prone to failure ( search on the term 'opensky' in titles only, and there is a sticky thread on the subject too).
For many enthusiasts it is a 'must have' option, and if you can find one with Opensky which is under 10 years old there is a warranty replacement on the roof mechanism available. With time marching ever forward this will only be available for another 18 months or so before all UK registered A2's become too old to qualify. There is also only one UK dealer which we know of who will complete the warranty repair. (Worthing Audi)

Don't let that deter you though, there are many owners who are quite happy with the fixed panoramic roof if the mechanism is broken (commonly dubbed on here as 'brokensly' or like myself, I'd have liked this option but settled for a tin top instead; having bought on condition and history as opposed to the option checklist; and I've added most of the goodies I wanted over the years.

Retro-fitting options is somewhat of an obsession for many A2OC addicts!

Good luck with your search, I hope you opt for an A2 over a Berlingo (dreadfully biased of course) and if you need any help or have any questions there is always someone to assist on this friendly forum.

Fully support that !!!

and welcome!!!!

Steve B

Double echo that!..I swopped for same kids & size reasons - a 206CC for a Tdi 75 Sport avec DIS sans OSS a yr ago..and santa just sent me heated red leather seats expertly retro fitted by a20c member chumsofmanutd..sky is nice but having had a convert I reckon i enjoyed enough open air motoring for now..A2 wont disappoint!

Thanks for the advice. Drove one yesterday that was at a garage. Inside was worn but it drove well. I think we've decided on it now - just need to find the right model with the glass roof .

Back