New member in Scotland

PaulQV

Good evening
Just a brief introduction. I bought a 1.4 Petro car today. October 2002 with skyroof; full black leather and climate. Hopefully collecting it in a few days time.

I have admired the A2 since launch and a friend said he was selling his, so I thought; What the hell! I drove it yesterday, being my A2 virgin run. I was impressed by the 'lightness' and how that felt. A brilliant design. I do hope to learn a lot more on this forum and club. It is always great to find kindered spirits who see what you see, even if others don't!

Paul Santoni
Motherwell

Welcome aboard Paul.
I'm Glasgow so not too far away.
Hopefully you get your car and enjoy it over the summer months.
David

Welcome Paul . I'm in Stonehouse only 10mins up the road . Possibly see you about as I've friends in Motherwell.

Welcome Paul, you’ll find this is a superb OC. I’m too far north to be any use to you but always good to have another Scot joining!

Good evening
Just a brief introduction. I bought a 1.4 Petro car today. October 2002 with skyroof; full black leather and climate. Hopefully collecting it in a few days time.

I have admired the A2 since launch and a friend said he was selling his, so I thought; What the hell! I drove it yesterday, being my A2 virgin run. I was impressed by the 'lightness' and how that felt. A brilliant design. I do hope to learn a lot more on this forum and club. It is always great to find kindered spirits who see what you see, even if others don't!

Paul Santoni
Motherwell
Welcome Paul!

Look forward to meeting up if you can make it to an event here in Scotland!

best,

Robin (near Dundee)

p.s - am I mistaken or is this an addition to an already special collection? (I came for dinner with DUBC on SPR weekend over a decade ago).

Aye, welcome aboard Paul. If you ever need anything, there is always someone within a stones throw👍

Paul (Ayr)

Great to see another Scottish A2 and A2person on here. This forum is a fantastic resource of knowledge and support so you're in the right place :)

Thank you for such a lovely friendly welcome.

#i am adding this car to my collection.... Although like the rest of my cars the plan is to drive it regularly and possibly use as my 'winter sensible' car! I had an A8 4.2Tdi as my sensible Audi up until this year, but sold it.
Others as people asked: 328GTS/575M/Espada/Khamsin/4200GT/T2/Montecarlo/124 Spyder 1980/Barchetta/X1/9 1500/R230SL500/Golf Alltrrack

#i am adding this car to my collection.... Although like the rest of my cars the plan is to drive it regularly and possibly use as my 'winter sensible' car! I had an A8 4.2Tdi as my sensible Audi up until this year, but sold it.
Others as people asked: 328GTS/575M/Espada/Khamsin/4200GT/T2/Montecarlo/124 Spyder 1980/Barchetta/X1/9 1500/R230SL500/Golf Alltrrack
😱😳
You could have your own car show😍
And to think, you even consider an A2 to join such a fine line up, well honoured 👍

Welcome along to the Forum. A great place with great people of various skill sets. I'm across in Fife so hopefully we can cross paths at some point in the near future 👍

LOL. I love design and engineering and unusual cars. The A2 ticks every box.
Couldn't agree more. I follow Doug DeMuro on YouTube and he recently admitted he desperately wanted an A2 but had to settle for an A Class Mercedes in the short term because the A2 didn't yet fall into the 25 year rule in the US. From someone with a notoriously oddball taste in cars that's quite the endorsement.

Have you ever had - or thought about - an Alfa SZ? Bizarrely there is something about the styling that is A2-ish to my mind although otherwise completely different. I had strong desires for both the 80s Alfa GTV6 2.5 back in the 90s as well as a Delta Integrale but I was a student then and they were well outside my cost-justification equation at the time and even more so now!

Back