New member in West Sussex

Old Yella

Just purchased 2004 1.4 colour storm in Imola Yellow.
103k but full history and looking good, just done 60 miles in it and it
feels well loved and very tight on the chassis not a clonk in sight.
Club looks nice and active, looking forward to contributing.

Welcome, we've all been looking at that advert!
Does the open sky roof work?
Great purchase regardless

Welcome to the forum. I am guessing that was the one on eBay down Dorchester way?

Nice Car and I would have jumped at it if I had room on my drive as yellow is my favourite colour. If it is I think you had a great bargain if it is in good mechanical condition.

You will find many knowledgeable people here that are eager to give advice and help where they can. I hope you have many happy years with your "Banana"

Don't forget to fill out your signature so that we can use your name :)

Neil.

Thanks for welcome.
Was informed that it was very very slow, Raining so have not tried it fully,
the tilt appears normal and quick, so will investigate if it ever stops raining!
It was an impulse purchase.....something to do with my age I think, very pleased
with the decision.

Christchurch actually.......love yellow I have a Solar Yellow Route 66 PT Cruiser also
So my drive looks like the Costa del Sol!

Will sort signature.

Christchurch actually.......love yellow I have a Solar Yellow Route 66 PT Cruiser also
So my drive looks like the Costa del Sol!

Will sort signature.
Great colour choice, very rare with open sky too,well done on your purchase, I was tempted myself I must say haha,
cheers Jeff

Just purchased 2004 1.4 colour storm in Imola Yellow.
103k but full history and looking good, just done 60 miles in it and it
feels well loved and very tight on the chassis not a clonk in sight.
Club looks nice and active, looking forward to contributing.

Nah, we're all a bunch of losers who ignore everyone ;) :eek:

Welcome along :)

Welcome to the club Terry. A lovely looking car and great judgment shown in what was an impulsive buy.

Opensky is a great feature and I hope yours fully works. There are tips on here about maintenance and keeping it working even in the Winter. This may seem counterintuitive, but if it isn't opened for 6 months, the first time puts stress on the assembly as it 'breaks the seal'. I try to open the roof every week or two without fail.

Hopefully see you at a social this year.

Cheers,

Darren

Thanks Darren,
Good tip, I guess the weight of the glass is important to help make a seal
every time it is closed, so makes sense not to let it “set” in the closed position
months on end.
Will investigate good housekeeping in the forums.
Cheers

Welcome to the club Terry. A lovely looking car and great judgment shown in what was an impulsive buy.

Opensky is a great feature and I hope yours fully works. There are tips on here about maintenance and keeping it working even in the Winter. This may seem counterintuitive, but if it isn't opened for 6 months, the first time puts stress on the assembly as it 'breaks the seal'. I try to open the roof every week or two without fail.

Cheers,

Darren
?k

Cheers,

Darren

Great colour choice, very rare with open sky too,well done on your purchase, I was tempted myself I must say haha,
cheers Jeff
Nah, we're all a bunch of losers who ignore everyone ;):eek:

Welcome along :)

Cheers,

Darren

Welcome!
I’m in West Sussex as well, but mine is orange. Well, Jaipur red. Which is orange :)
Had it a few weeks...higher mileage than yours, and currently in the garage being fettled!

Have you got some pictures of your new storm a2 ? its the best colour-but im biased lol.
As darren has said -why not join us for a social or two ? im hoping to get a great selection of storms at the shows this year. cheers mike

Welcome welcome! Brilliant colour of car. Very happy colour and a lovely story of impulse buying, BUT... very sad story for your username - I’m having mixed feelings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back